Thread: Return reporting to report just one category

Basic Member

Unhappy Return reporting to report just one category

I suggest returning reporting to report just one category. Everyone who wants to report someone is usually very annoyed, and ends up reporting them for all three possible categories. The result is: People who abandon end up being muted too, which is a punishment for communication abuse, and people who rage end up getting into low priority too, which is a punishment for feeding/abandoning.

I used to be the one who reports people for all 3 categories (because I can -- and everyone else just does it because they can), but just now, I got into low priority for throwing a game that was my team's and found that I also got muted. I do deserve the low priority, and I know that very well, but I'm certain I did nothing to be muted for!

Some bystander reading this would probably think "your fault for throwing the game in the first place", but, punishments should be kept separate, people who throw games but don't rage shouldn't get muted and people who rage at their teammates but play properly shouldn't get into low priority, and hence, my suggestion of returning the report system to only allow one player to report one category, instead of all 3.

I'm interested to see if people (especially those in charge) agree to this, but I'm more interested to see if anyone opposes it, and why.

You are basically retarded

Basic Member
    Thank you for your kind comment, but this post isn't about me, it's about the report system that allows you to unfairly report people for all three categories.
    Please keep the discussion on-topic.

Basic Member
    No one at volvo cares . They don't even read this forum .

Basic Member
    While that may be true (and I think I have a good Idea why it is true) I can't help but rant. You know, at least other users listen, and when other users listen, they can voice things too.
    Eventually, I hope it'll reach valve (or they'll find out about it on their own when they look at the statistics), and it'll be fixed.