Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Lion`s ultimate

  1. #1
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4

    Lion`s ultimate

    Hi guys. I have played for Lion hero recently and used my ultimate on 25% ~ hp Juggernaut.
    Mana for my ultimate has been reduced and skill has gone to cooldown , but no hp has been reduced from juggernaut , because he has used his ultimate just after mine.
    This is strange that my mana has been taken as well as my skill went to cooldown , but I did not damage jugger even for 1 hp.
    Match id =3079826478
    Minute = 20:32

  2. #2
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In a flying city in the sky
    Posts
    1,119
    Juggernaut becomes spell immune when he casts his ultimate.

    http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Spell_Imm...spell_immunity

  3. #3
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf633 View Post
    Juggernaut becomes spell immune when he casts his ultimate.

    http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Spell_Imm...spell_immunity
    I know but my mana was takend and ability went to cooldown - thats mean skill was used and only AFTER that he pressed his ultimate.
    So if mana was taken and skill went to cooldown and ulti was not pressed - then dmg should be received by jugger !

  4. #4
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In a flying city in the sky
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by h3m1srt8 View Post
    I know but my mana was takend and ability went to cooldown - thats mean skill was used and only AFTER that he pressed his ultimate.
    So if mana was taken and skill went to cooldown and ulti was not pressed - then dmg should be received by jugger !
    There is a cast delay (cast animation), after you issued the order. If you don't interrupt it with 'S' then it will do the animation and eventually cast the spell. If Juggernaut casts his ultimate in between this time, he becomes invulenerable and magic immune. This means, he receives the damage of your spell but it gets reduced to 0. Therefore your spell uses mana and goes on CD.
    Last edited by wolf633; 03-28-2017 at 01:59 AM.

  5. #5
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf633 View Post
    There is a cast delay (cast animation), after you issued the order. If you don't interrupt it with 'S' then it will do the animation and eventually cast the spell. If Juggernaut casts his ultimate in between this time, he becomes invulenerable and magic immune. This means, he receives the damage of your spell but it gets reduced to 0. Therefore your spell uses mana and goes on CD.
    This is ridiculous
    BTW , are you from dota2 team or just forum user ? I mean thank you for replying but still waiting for the response from dev team

  6. #6
    Basic Member Xentrope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by h3m1srt8 View Post
    This is ridiculous
    BTW , are you from dota2 team or just forum user ? I mean thank you for replying but still waiting for the response from dev team
    He is a DotA 2 player just like you or anyone else who is concerned with DotA 2. Dev forum staff will most likely not reply to this because it's just as wolf633 explained.

    Certain projectiles and skills (especially ones that have a slight cast point / animation delays) can be dodged if timed right using skills/blink/manta etc due to invulnerability/disjointing for that exact small duration. If you want more examples like your case; try casting Bane's Nightmare on an ally who is about to be damaged by Lion's Finger of Death or Lina's Laguna Blade or even Invoker's Sun Strike. During that 1s of invulnerability provided by Nightmare, no damage will be applied on the Nightmared ally even though spell has already been cast and gone to cooldown.
    Last edited by Xentrope; 03-28-2017 at 06:59 AM.

  7. #7
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentrope View Post
    He is a DotA 2 player just like you or anyone else who is concerned with DotA 2. Dev forum staff will most likely not reply to this because it's just as wolf633 explained.

    Certain projectiles and skills (especially ones that have a slight cast point / animation delays) can be dodged if timed right using skills/blink/manta etc due to invulnerability/disjointing for that exact small duration. If you want more examples like your case; try casting Bane's Nightmare on an ally who is about to be damaged by Lion's Finger of Death or Lina's Laguna Blade or even Invoker's Sun Strike. During that 1s of invulnerability provided by Nightmare, no damage will be applied on the Nightmared ally even though spell has already been cast and gone to cooldown.
    Guys, I really appreciate your answers, but this is DEV forum thats why I am expecting dota2-dev to watch replay and answer, nothing personal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •