Thread: Let us ban people in custom games / loophole

Exclamation Let us ban people in custom games / loophole

So, since custom games have no low priority or any set of rules it makes it a perfect spot for trolling, lately in Colloseum mode here is what happens:
    I join game, theres 10 people already, 1 one of the 10 wont press accept, then gets kicked, joins agains and won't accept purposely, this means 1 person ruins and effectively can block the other 9 from starting a game, I attach the screenshot of the person below. So what to do? Set some rules preventing people from leaving and or accepting a game? Letting the host ban? We need a fix to this, I really like to play Coloseum but this guy always comes and tries to ruin as many games as possible. His steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023784734/

issueDota.png
    issueDota2.png

Basic Member
    No one cares!

I am new to dev tools, but really - is there a way to gather information about your custom game users? I am going to create custom game and leavers filter will be one of my priorities.

As a dev you are not allowed to filter players as per custom game workshop agreement.
    If you do, your custom game might get removed without warning and your publishing rights suspended indefinitely.

So please, focus on other areas.

Basic Member
    And the solution? Custom games are unplayable... Why not just delete this feature altogether?

People worked hard on their mods and it is unplayable just because of 1 trash troller?

Pretty much that. Custom games are purposely ignored because there is no money to be made out of it, since the community rejected pay mods.

If you really want to play custom games, you should not let Valve matchmake you for it - instead, set up / join specific chat channels, and group up and create your own lobbies.
    Then you can filter arseholes (hint: steam ids are logged on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\game\dota\server_log.txt - and I bet there are some external tools to help you automate the process of blacklisting ).

I'd be surprised if you couldn't just rework a Wc3 ghost Bot C++ or w/e it was called, to do all that lobby shit filtering etc for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Exactly. There was a banlist project that went inactive. I'm sure there are others. Like https://mellamopablo.github.io/schedulebot/ - it's geared towards in-houses, but you can select people allowed to play on the hosted lobbies, I'm sure it can be customized further.

Basic Member
    Nice tip... thanks (Y)

This whole situation is a pain in the ass. You can't play a single game of Colosseum, since there are 1-2 players who constantly join lobbies as last person and leave once the game has started. As far as I am concerned, me and my friends will stop playing Dota 2 as a whole since I don't believe Dota 2 development staff will care to put ressources on solving this issue.