Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MMR is your number but who are you at the back?

MMR is your number but who are you at the back?

In today's update, we can see there is optional "Strict Solo Ranked Matchmaking" created in Advanced Options of Dota 2.

Many types of roles in Dota 2 can be chose by the players. I have been playing Dota 2 for years and my gaming styles always stick more on my major roles unless my team really has no choice.
    Therefore, I believe there are a lot of players who are spoiling the game are players who strictly stick to their roles only, ONLY EVEN IF THEIR TEAMMATES BEGGING for certain role especially disabler or support. For example, if a team already has 2 cary and 2 disabler but doesn't has support. The last picker still stick to his carry role. Their team drafting or team composition is bad already (imbalance compared to opposite).
    I have to admit that I did play like that before for quite many times especially when I see no hope in my team drafting (depends on situations).

What I would like to suggest here is, optional "Role in Game Playing". (I don't know whether this is good or not good or can be changed/improved)

1) What is this "Role in Game Playing"?
    A: It is an option for a player to decide what role he would like to place himself at or to show who he is in this Dota 2. A player who has 2 or 3 majors in; carry, support, nuker, disabler, jungler, durable, escape, pusher, or initiator. And most importantly, there must have limitation for each player, only 2 or 3 maximum roles can be selected or chose. No player can select/choose more than 2 or 3 roles.

2) How if he never choose any "Role in Game Playing"?
    A: Player can decide to never choose any role and during matchmaking, he will be matched to others. But he will NEVER RECEIVE ANY ADVANTAGE when winning or losing a game; the higher increment when winning or lower decrements when losing.

3) What is the use if choose or not choose any "Role in Game Playing"?
    My answer is, a player who already made his decision to focus more on which roles will have "higher MMR increment when achieve his victory" or "lower MMR decrements when lose a game". A player who does not makes any decision to focus more on which roles will have standard MMR increment when achieve his victory or standard MMR decrements when lose a game (as mentioned in 2nd). The higher MMR increment value can be set to 5 or 10 higher, and the lower MMR decrements value can be set to 5 or 10 lesser.

4) How if a player decides to play in 2 or 3 of his major roles but he never pick the hero based on his decided major roles during game playing?
    A: Since Dota 2 has such a system to auto-detect players who "botting exploits", I believe their Dota 2 team can make out a system to auto-detect players who never follow the rules or decision made by the player himself (Dota 2 team just need more time, maybe?). Therefore, if an auto-detection system is implemented into the game, a player who never follow the major roles he chooses will NEVER RECEIVE ANY ADVANTAGE when winning or losing a game. His MMR increment or decrements will follow the standard MMR increment or decrements.

5) Is it possible to change the option during game playing?
    A: By logic if a player is allowed to change the option, the whole system will get spoiled. Therefore, the option for "Role in Game Playing" strictly CANNOT be changed when a Ranked game is running (can only be changed if player not running finding match or not connected into a Ranked game).

6) Why need to set so many roles to match up the heroes we want to draft?
    A: Yes, we do! We need to show other teammates who we are. If I selected carry and disabler as my major roles, then I should be matched to other players who selected their roles in other way. Matching majority of players who aiming for similar major roles could lead to a bad team drafting or TEAM COMPOSITION because the teammates or majority players only know how to grab for the heroes they like during drafting time (mostly happened in ALL PICK mode).

7) How the system going to handle the matchmaking if there are a big pool of players selected almost or 100% similar roles?
    A: The matchmaking system should continue to search and matching up the player to each other based on the selected roles by matching the player to teammates who have different roles compared to him. If there is no teammate having different roles, then the system can start to cut away the role(s) in order to make the possibility to matching up into higher stage because lower number of selected roles will allowed a player to easier in matching up with other players. Therefore, if 2 or 3 roles can only be selected, then the system will keep cutting until 1 and 0 roles, which means when it reaches till the no choice stage the system will cuts till no role is selected by that player even though he has 2 or 3 roles selected.

8) What is the minimum and maximum extra MMR can be increased or cut-away when winning or losing a game if a hero picked by the player follows the roles selected?
    A: The suggested minimum MMR is +5 (1 role match) and maximum is +15 (3 roles match). For example, when the standard of winning a game will gains +25 but if a player picks hero that has 2 roles matching 2 of his selected roles, then he will achieves +25+(5*2)=+35 MMR. If he loses the game, then his MMR will drops at -25+(5*2)=-15 MMR only.

REGISTER YOUR MAJOR ROLES TO THE SYSTEM AND LET THE SYSTEM MATCH A TEAM FOR YOU!
    YOU NEVER FOLLOW WHAT YOUR REGISTERED MAJOR ROLES, THEN YOU WILL NEVER RECEIVE ADVANTAGE WHEN WIN OR LOSE A RANKED GAME!

>>WE NEED A BALANCE TEAM COMPOSITION AND A LOT OF PROFESSIONALS ALWAYS INTRODUCE ROLES AS WELL BEFORE JOINING A TEAM<<

- tl;dr
    - if any typo, just remind me because English isn't my native language
    Last edited by Crystal Nova - lce; 05-12-2017 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Adding

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Nova - lce View Post
    [...] a lot of players who spoiling the game [...]
    Correct: "[...] a lot of players who are spoiling the game [...]"

Keep in mind: When you are using the "-ing" form of a verb, that you also have to add a form of "to be" in front of it.

Examples:
    "I am using.", "You are talking.", "We are cheating." etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Nova - lce View Post
    I have to admit that I did played [...]
    Correct: "I have to admit that I did play [...]"

"did" is already past (past of "to do"). So the verb followed has to be in present form.

Examples:
    "He did speak to you.", "We did play Dota.", "I did learn English in school."

Also:
    "Did you learn English?", "Did we have sex together last night?"

There are a lot more mistakes, but I was too lazy to point them out.
    Last edited by wolf633; 04-21-2017 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf633 View Post
    Correct: "[...] a lot of players who are spoiling the game [...]"

Keep in mind: When you are using the "-ing" form of a verb, that you also have to add a form of "to be" in front of it.

Examples:
    "I am using.", "You are talking.", "We are cheating." etc.

Correct: "I have to admit that I did play [...]"

"did" is already past (past of "to do"). So the verb followed has to be in present form.

Examples:
    "He did speak to you.", "We did play Dota.", "I did learn English in school."

Also:
    "Did you learn English?", "Did we have sex together last night?"

There are a lot more mistakes, but I was too lazy to point them out.
    It's okay. Thanks. I am learning and sharing my thoughts. Just hope readers can enjoy reading what I had posted.

"Keep in mind" followed by a colon terminates that sentance. So using "that" in the context of the next sentence is grammatically incorrect.

The correct version would be: Keep in mind that when you...

P.S. Just trolling you dude
    Last edited by BlinkingRiki182; 04-27-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkingRiki182 View Post
    "Keep in mind" followed by a colon terminates that sentance. So using "that" in the context of the next sentence is grammatically incorrect.

Let's learn English while talk about Dota

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlinkingRiki182 View Post

Hmm, I think that "that" is not really needed at all.

So it has to be: "Keep in mind: When you are using the "-ing" form of a verb, [no "that" here] you also have to add a form of "to be" in front of it.

Not sure about it though.

Hmm, I think that "that" is not really needed at all.

So it has to be: "Keep in mind: When you are using the "-ing" form of a verb, [no "that" here] you also have to add a form of "to be" in front of it.

Not sure about it though.
    Yeah, you're right

Correct them for me if you can. I just want people to read my idea about the balancing of team composition by using their major roles (before joining a matchmaking process in the game) because I found that many ALL PICK players ignoring the system of team composition in Dota 2. It is a good calculator for each team to make a better draft during "hero selection" time.
    Self-intro (major roles) for matchmaking system is important as it determine who will be matched. It is a same situation like how a professional team gonna form a team. If they want to form a team, they will recruit player with his specify major roles first.

i agree. valve should implement ROLE-BASED game search in MMR!!
    no more random please.
    no more double mid please.
    just strick position-based mmr search!

Bumping for opinions...