Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Lycan Shapeshift Plus Illusion Rune

[Confirmed] Lycan Shapeshift Plus Illusion Rune

I was playing lycan when I used shapeshift and ran away. I picked up the illusion rune as I was in wolf form. I proceeded to turn back into the normal form however, my wolf illusions still had max speed and more importantly: had a time indicating "shapeshift". Despite me being in the original form, the wolf illusions had max speed and later turned back into lycan's original form as well. I am confident that this is a bug as illusions themselves shouldn't transform. I am not so sure whether or not the max movement speed on illusions but not me is a bug or not.

Steps:
    1) pick lycan
    2) skill and use shapeshift
    3) pick up an illusion rune (haven't tested manta)
    4) watch illusions

Banned
    In DotA 1 you could manta with Dragon/Wolf Form by using shift. In Dota 2 it seems that it is generally possible.
    However, it should not reset the shapeshift counter on the illusions I think.

also the illusions turn back into normal lycans.

Basic Member
    If they fixed manta interraction does that mean they manta lycan is really quite viable now?

added to sticky.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

@areid2, it would be alot better then dota1. In dota 1, if you used manta before your ult ended, and then your ult ended, your illusions would not have max ms because the ms came from a global haste aura. In this case, the illusions continue to have max ms despite lycan himself not having max ms.

Quote Originally Posted by youlackhatred View Post
    @areid2, it would be alot better then dota1. In dota 1, if you used manta before your ult ended, and then your ult ended, your illusions would not have max ms because the ms came from a global haste aura. In this case, the illusions continue to have max ms despite lycan himself not having max ms.
    True for manta, because it cancels the transformation. But if you pick up an illu rune, you'll get wolve illus, and those always have fullspeed. Though they can be slowed, because the aura isn't there.
    Please, just call me buny.

Oh and morph can replicate lycan and itll be at max ms as well.

I think it's the same with Dragon Knight as well. Illusion will stay in dragon form :/

You get the EDF (that makes you do splash damage) and the Shapeshift buff (that gives you max speed) whenever you use the ultimate and if you Manta during this time, your illusions receive this buff as well. Since these buffs have a fixed duration, I don't think it's worth coding extra stuff just to reduce the duration when you create illusions to match the original hero

With this said, I think it's a fix rather than a bug.. having a simple buff indicating stuff is so much more logical than having a theoretic global haste

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed