Thread: [Confirmed] Dust get dispelled by magic immunity

[Confirmed] Dust get dispelled by magic immunity

Summary:
    Dust gets dispelled by magic immunity. This shouldn't happen.

Repro Steps:
    1. pick Riki and one other hero on 2 sides, say magina
    2. let riki learn his ult and buy him BKB, buy magina dust
    3. magina uses dust, riki becomes visible
    4. riki uses bkb
    5. dust gets dispelled, riki becomes invisible again

Result:
    Dust gets dispelled, riki becomes invisible again.

Expected Result:
    In dota 1, BKB won't dispel dust.

added to sticky.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

It also gets dispelled with the Diffusal Blade, which is excessively viable for a Riki to get. That also shouldn't be happening.
    I remember myself getting a Manta Style to counter potential Dust with Riki, I think it was the only thing that removed it. Also the Dark Pact does, but that is for Slark...

Basic Member
    Tried to find the interaction on playdota.com but didn't find anything about purging the dust. It does feel intended though, the two heroes with core diffusal blade both use invis. (PL and riki)

I did, however, find that dust has a 5 mana cost according to playdota. I'll test if it does in dota2 as well.

Dust has 5 manacost on Dota 2, too.

Please, let's do not call things as intended this so often... I mean, I just never buy a Manta Style for my Phantom Lancer on Dota 2. But I clearly remember that I used to get a Manta Style right after getting a Diffusal Blade every time I played Phantom Lancer on DotA.
    I think Dust clearly was intended not to be purged away easily on DotA.
    And I doubt that developers here think that so deep, and get concerned on the balance so much, and then make so detailed balance changes on their own anyway.

I am certain on this one that this cannot be intended by any means.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHell View Post
    Tried to find the interaction on playdota.com but didn't find anything about purging the dust. It does feel intended though, the two heroes with core diffusal blade both use invis. (PL and riki)

I did, however, find that dust has a 5 mana cost according to playdota. I'll test if it does in dota2 as well.
    IIRC Icefrog was able to select the debuff type in Dota 1. If he wanted dust to be removable by magic immunity/purge, he could have done so in Dota 1. It wasn't an engine limitation, so there's no reason to believe that this was intentional.