Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Arcana Vote always fails loading

Arcana Vote always fails loading

Night night, since i bought dota's TI battle pass i couldn't vote for arcana. There are few more minor issues like trivia question always loading (showing the question marks)
    Is this a thing, a bug, or me?
    I doubt the latter because i've tried uninstalling, reinstalling and verifying cache integrity.

20170510231307_1.jpg

Basic Member
    hi . i got that problem as same as u . i thought its only my self. have u fix it or not? if u did fix tell me im not fixed yet

Basic Member
    Hi,
    I'm experiencing the same problem. My connection is stable. I tried logging in my nephew's account and had the same Issue, he told me when he's logging in on his PC at home the arcana vote works perfectly as well as the trivia questions. I assumed the problem is in my end that's why I reinstalled steam and dota 2 and verify local files as well but still having the same Issue. I hope this will be fixed soon.

Basic Member
    @lordan07 have u try to contact ur nephew to open ur id in his computer? maybe it will work . i already contact steam support 5 times they still dont have the fix yet only try to give a link abou troubleshooting and etc. still confused now

Basic Member
    oh ya. there is 1 day i got the problem fix and i can do the trivia , arcana vote, and my status feed get back to normal. but after the update its gone again .omg - , i dont know what i am doing to fix it. i will do all the possible way @_@

Basic Member
    i got the same problem i submited ticket only gave me links to forum lol

Basic Member
    @mrriuz We haven't tried that, but most probably it will work. I tried reporting it to steam as well but they also gave me the network troubleshooting guide which made me confuse as hell as well! because everything is working perfectly aside from these 2(arcana vote and trivia questions). it sucks because they're included in achievement now. sigh. I hope someone can help us with this.

Basic Member
    Same problem here, for me started this weekend. Hope they give us attention and try to solve this.

Basic Member
    Same problem here, i have been waiting for 1 week and i hadn't got a solution.

Basic Member
    There is many of us having the same problem. The reason why it works in your nephew's house and not yours may be because your nephew has a different ISP.

Our packets are being blocked somewhere between our houses and dota2 servers. Maybe at the end of the route.

You could try opening "cmd" in Windows and putting the following in the command window:

"tracert www.dota2.com"

If it shows something like this we are having the same issue. It translates well the ip so it is not a DNS problem, and the packets get lost in some node in the route, so they dont reach the destination.
    I think the problem is in some node after the last ip shown. I dont know how to identify that server. It could be dota's server that is blocking us(probable since it happened after the update) or other server external to valve.
    route.jpg

Now, if you tracert www.dota2.com and it shows a different ip from the one shown in the image. You are having trouble with the DNS and you cant change your DNS settings to google DNS or OpenDNS.

Another solution to the problem, which i dont recommend and it is not a solution but a warning. If you use a proxy you can solve the problem but it goes against steam conditions so i think you could get banned for it. I do not recommend it.

PS: "tracert www.dota2.com" is the command! Not "tracert dota2.com". dota2.com and www.dota2.com have different ips! If you tracert dota2.com it wont show what we are looking for.

PS2: Well, i send a support ticket to steam with as much information as i could provide. We will see if they can help us solve it... If they send me anything useful i'll post it here.
    Last edited by LeCholax; 05-17-2017 at 08:02 AM.