Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: May 15 Bot Update

Valve Developer

May 15 Bot Update

• Wards are no longer included in UNIT_LIST_ALLIED_OTHER and UNIT_LIST_ENEMY_OTHER.
    • The nearby heroes list now includes illusions.
    • Added two installable callbacks: InstallDamageCallback and InstallCastCallback. They are global-scoped, and each take two parameters: playerID and a lua function. The specified function will be called whenever a unit controlled by the specified playerID is damaged or uses an ability/item. If you specify -1 as the playerID it will be called for all players. The functions supplied should have a single parameter which is a table that includes { player_id, unit, damage } for the damage callback and { player_id, unit, ability, location } for the cast callback.

NOTE: these two callbacks mean that you're running bot code at somewhat odd times (ie. not during the typical bot update code section), so it's advised that you not do any expensive work in there -- it won't show up in any of the bot timing profiles.

Basic Member
    Please check this. Since I haven't setup my laptop, I can't tell if it affects custom scripts too.
    I can safely say it is 100% reproducible in my case on native bots.

Ah, I see the hotfix resolved the issue
    Last edited by The Nomad; 05-15-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Basic Member
    @ChrisC - which two shrines no longer exist? SHRINE_BASE_4 and SHRINE_BASE_5?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nostrademous View Post
    @ChrisC - which two shrines no longer exist? SHRINE_BASE_4 and SHRINE_BASE_5?
    They were removed from the game

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SarCasm View Post
    They were removed from the game
    Right, but my question was, is it 4 and 5 or say 2 and 4 that were removed? I never checked how they were numbered.

Valve Developer
    SHRINE_BASE_4 AND SHRINE_BASE_5 will be removed in the next update, so SHRINE_BASE_1 through 3 will be the shrines in the base.

For now, I think SHRINE_BASE_1 and SHRINE_BASE_5 are invalid.

Now to wait for everyone to fix their bots again lol.

Basic Member
    SHRINE_BASE_4 and SHRINE_BASE_5 are nil for me now (or void)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    • Wards are no longer included in UNIT_LIST_ALLIED_OTHER and UNIT_LIST_ENEMY_OTHER.
    • The nearby heroes list now includes illusions.
    • Added two installable callbacks: InstallDamageCallback and InstallCastCallback. They are global-scoped, and each take two parameters: playerID and a lua function. The specified function will be called whenever a unit controlled by the specified playerID is damaged or uses an ability/item. If you specify -1 as the playerID it will be called for all players. The functions supplied should have a single parameter which is a table that includes { player_id, unit, damage } for the damage callback and { player_id, unit, ability, location } for the cast callback.

NOTE: these two callbacks mean that you're running bot code at somewhat odd times (ie. not during the typical bot update code section), so it's advised that you not do any expensive work in there -- it won't show up in any of the bot timing profiles.
    Would be brilliant to have default bot talents fixed and have them update automatically every patch (plus chosen randomly).

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Tried the callbacks and things seem somewhat broken
    • I see my callback getting invoked twice for each event?
    • The damage callback seems to be missing the "unit" field
    • The cast callback seems to be missing "unit" and "ability". The values in "location" are weird, most of the time they are zeroed, but sometimes I get something that seems reasonable.

Can anyone replicate this?
    Last edited by Lord_Zera; 05-18-2017 at 04:29 PM.