Thread: TI7 MMR calculation problem

Basic Member

Thumbs up TI7 MMR calculation problem

Hello support,

First of all it's worth mentioning that i have been playing dota for a long time, invested quite some money in it as well.
    The thing is that this game is not enjoyable anymore and let me explain why.

Most recently, me and a friend of mine played the 10 games in order to get a TI7 MMR.
    We played all 10 games together, we won 7 and lost 3. We both played very well, even when loosing!!

After the 10 games my MMR is 1700 and his is 2300. How can you explain that huge difference?? Also, how come with 7 wins and 3 loses my TI7 mmr is lower than my normal mmr??
    Please make me understand... because i am really unhappy

I dont even want to mention what a toxic community is on this game...
    Please dont transform this game into a multi million business and think about your community

Kind regards,
    CAT

Basic Member
    There never has been disclosed, how rating system works. We can only guess.
    My guess would be, that its close to fantasy system, which was designed to be the rating system, but got rejected at some point. (pure speculation, please move along)
    What community has been seeing is that healing and hero damage contribute greatly to the calibration mmr. Also there is a chance, that one is compared to his teammates on the same basis. If you performed bad, even if you win the game -- you get lower mmr. And vise versa.

I recently calibrated in the seasonal matchmaking. Noticed, that as good as I was playing, even winning games contibuted almost nothing to final mmr.

Basic Member
    Honetsly ... i am so upset right now.
    I won 3 of my 7 games with scores 12/3/15, 13/4/15 and 18/14/45. I have played support and carry, purchased lots of wards, healed the team, and so on, basically getting my team to win (we all know that nobody plays support).

And the resulting MMR is 1700? What an insult, the DotA 2 mmr system is a joke...

I bet that it just takes a random number at the end of your last game and boom, that's your mmr.

Very unhappy

Basic Member
    Could i please get an answer from someone who knows what the problem is, please?
    Can i at least get some support after investing so much money and time in this game, please??

Thank you