Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: May 31 Bot Update

Valve Developer

May 31 Bot Update

• Fixed a bunch of default bot item and skill builds. (huge thanks to fandogh for a great summary of needed fixes)
    • Fixed default bots using armlet like crazy.

Currently debugging dedicated server support for user bots.

Time to fix PubSimulator!

BTW. It would be great if you could respond to the other thread (future of bot scripting). I wanna plan for my next upcoming break!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    • Fixed a bunch of default bot item and skill builds. (huge thanks to fandogh for a great summary of needed fixes)

Great!
    Just FYI, there's a bug exclusively in bot games where occasionally a TP animation from a bot will persist for the rest of the game. So it will appear like a bot is teleporting there for the rest of the game. This occurs with custom lobbies with custom scripts. I don't remember if it occurs with default bots, and if it occurs in practice with bots or just custom lobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    Time to fix PubSimulator!
    Do you mean you are going to work on it again? Or just making some minor fixes?

Do you mean you are going to work on it again? Or just making some minor fixes?
    Just some minor fixes. PubSimulator was basically my scratch-draft for learning Lua and bot scripting that I've been maintaining for a couple of months. I have a new design which merges a bunch of CS concepts (reinforcement learning, game theory with bounded rationality and scheduling), but I'm trying to find some free time to implement it. It is weird that current AI algorithms are so primitive when it comes to cooperative games (from what I've seen so far, it seems the desires system is the state of the art, but still its design is not teamwork centric), so I decided to design my own algorithm (I may end up publishing it in an AI conference, if it turned out fine in practice)! If I decided to do that, I'll be back with a lot API requests from ChrisC (similar to when I decided to write PubSimulator).

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveon View Post
    Great!
    Just FYI, there's a bug exclusively in bot games where occasionally a TP animation from a bot will persist for the rest of the game. So it will appear like a bot is teleporting there for the rest of the game. This occurs with custom lobbies with custom scripts. I don't remember if it occurs with default bots, and if it occurs in practice with bots or just custom lobbies.
    I don't play online with bots, just in local lobbies, and I can confirm it happens with native bots too.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Thanks for the fixes and no problem at all I played 2-3 games and the bots are almost back to normal! Heroes like DK and Sven are godlike now!

@ChrisC

are these the bots that got a dedicated server today? Does this mean we don't have to use localhost anymore?

"bot_script_dedicated_servers"
    {
    "1" "855965029 "
    "2" "918652439"
    "3" "912978496"
    "4" "837040016"
    "5" "836628163"
    "6" "29463"
    }

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    @ChrisC

are these the bots that got a dedicated server today? Does this mean we don't have to use localhost anymore?

"bot_script_dedicated_servers"
    {
    "1" "855965029 "
    "2" "918652439"
    "3" "912978496"
    "4" "837040016"
    "5" "836628163"
    "6" "29463"
    }
    855965029 - AdamQQQ
    918652439 - v33
    912978496 - Nostrademous
    837040016 - Bot Experiment - FuriousPuppy
    836628163 - PubSimulator
    29463 <-- ??? Counter-Strike bot???
    Last edited by nostrademous; 06-01-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Yeah, the last one wasn't there before the last update, I wonder whether counter terrorists win or dire?!

I would also wait on v33's bots, since he is trying to ask for permission from the people whom he took (a lot of) code from (I gave him my permission, but I'm not the main one and he was still trying to find others).

BTW. where do these rankings (stars) coming from (I don't seem to be able to give bots 1-5 stars) and why sorting based on upvotes doesn't actually sort based on upvotes in the workshop?