Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: June 2 Bot Update

  1. #11
    Since this thread is quite, I'll keep posting here

    The progress so far:
    - File/module managements are done.
    - Tracking enemy heroes (illusion detection, movement predictions, tracking lanes) are almost done (I need the base regen functions to polish the illusion detection)
    - Custom unit based extensions are done.
    - Generic laning is almost done (I just need the laning functions that go from the middle of the lane and also projectile speeds for ranged heroes), I rewrote the laning from scratch (all the heroes in this picture are using the generic laning module, have bought 0 items, have not leveled up their skills and are having free lanes):
    Laning10Min.png
    - I was planing to rewrite jungle update functions (for puling, jungling etc.) by using the API then I realized the API is still not that useful for jungling (read the previous post on this thread).
    - The design has been implemented (the algorithm chose the lanes for the bots), but I still need the ingredients, i.e. fighting, defending, retreating ... modules. The only thing I need for that is the new navigation modules/functions I asked for.
    - I also need the Talent API and the structured item API to rewrite my item build/leveling modules.

    - A question: how does the HasBlink(bCurrentlyAvailable) function work on enemies? If it is not working on enemies, I will need something else that works to correctly detect heroes that become invisible (just saying the hero is capable of blinking is fine).

    Edit: While you are creating navigation modules, it would be great if you could give me the length of the path which that module has chosen as well as a function that tells the location on the chosen path where the unit will be when she moves X units along that path. For instance a hero:PredictLocation(X:Units) -> "Vec Location" and/or a hero:PredictLocation(T:Time in future) -> "Vec Location" function that takes into account the navigation funciton/module that the bot is using (and only works on allies, of course) and assumes the hero will stop when she reaches the current destination. This is needed for properly using blink or abilities that facilitate movement (timber chain) as well as manually correcting the path if it is needed.
    Last edited by Platinum_dota2; 06-05-2017 at 10:59 AM.

  2. #12
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    687
    What caused the kill in that image?

    Looks great by the way.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by nostrademous View Post
    What caused the kill in that image?

    Looks great by the way.
    Not having a retreat module (and heals) , I was focusing on their last hitting / lane positioning. I finally found a decent last hitting formula!
    Last edited by Platinum_dota2; 06-04-2017 at 06:48 PM.

  4. #14
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    - Generic laning is almost done (I just need the laning functions that go from the middle of the lane and also projectile speeds for ranged heroes), I rewrote the laning from scratch (all the heroes in this picture are using the generic laning module, have bought 0 items, have not leveled up their skills and are having free lanes):
    Laning10Min.png
    That's a lot more denies/last hits than default bots would get in that same scenario right?

  5. #15
    I dont really use the getNeutralSpawners anyway for jungle stuff. because you also need to know extra info getNeutralSpawners() doesnt provide to use the jungle properly.

    i.e. stack timings for camps, which direction to stack to/from.

    Just a hard-coded list of constants file is what I've used whenever working with it.
    https://github.com/ThePianoDentist/t...dentistdotabot Lina bot which pulls small camp when 'laning' (Aim to work on pulling and stacking bots initially)
    https://github.com/ThePianoDentist/dotabots-ml-tools Parsing data from bot games

  6. #16
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    Not having a retreat module (and heals) , I was focusing on their last hitting / lane positioning. I finally found a decent last hitting formula!
    I get it, but why are the bots taking damage at all? They should be maintaining perfect lane equilibrium in the setup you had and never drawing aggro. So no tower hits and no creep hits. So retreat/heals module shouldn't be necessary.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveon View Post
    That's a lot more denies/last hits than default bots would get in that same scenario right?
    Yes, but I will eventually have to cut their balls when they play against players/other bots, so I'm not sure if they will be able to keep last hitting like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by nostrademous
    I get it, but why are the bots taking damage at all? They should be maintaining perfect lane equilibrium in the setup you had and never drawing aggro. So no tower hits and no creep hits. So retreat/heals module shouldn't be necessary.
    They mostly get hit a few times when they want to deny creeps under enemy tower (keeping perfect lane equilibrium is very hard without pulling).

  8. #18
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    They mostly get hit a few times when they want to deny creeps under enemy tower (keeping perfect lane equilibrium is very hard without pulling).
    Do you plan to implement creep blocking and/or pulling to help with the equilibrium?

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveon View Post
    Do you plan to implement creep blocking and/or pulling to help with the equilibrium?
    Depends on whether I can get the things I asked for from ChrisC and when I can get them. For now, everything is on hold until I either I get the API functions for writing my leveling up and item builds modules, the navigation module or the jungling/camp farming module (I don't want to use custom fixed vectors/constants, because it makes the script sensitive to change).

  10. #20
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    Depends on whether I can get the things I asked for from ChrisC and when I can get them. For now, everything is on hold until I either I get the API functions for writing my leveling up and item builds modules, the navigation module or the jungling/camp farming module (I don't want to use custom fixed vectors/constants, because it makes the script sensitive to change).
    Ah ok. The campaign will be done this week so hopefully he's back after that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •