Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dota freez/crash my whole computer. After Slithbraker update. Only in "online" games.

de nada amigo

Finally found solution!!!! Thanks to newatrevido !

1. Press window key + r
    2. Type msconfig
    3. Go advanced options
    4. UNCHECK debug
    5. Restart computer!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aveyo View Post
    ROFL that's not a default boot option, why the hell you have it enabled.
    Enabling Debug mode causes Windows to hang if no Debugger is connected
    That's exactly what DOTA is doing if it's an error - throws an user-mode exception, and if you have boot debug, you get a pc hang.
    Its msut be deault because it was there after whole format.

The real question is why this affected me only after Slitbraker update, and never before.

But anyway all works good now.

Yeah, actually reading the microsoft article I've linked myself, in the bottom of the page it is stated that some versions of Windows 7 come with it enabled.
    Probably the ones used as a NSA backdoor

But it seems you also need to have Debugging Tools for Windows installed (not clear if it's mandatory for this bug to show up).

And back to DOTA, after Siltbreaker update, the PC requirements went further up, so I guess your machine is not quite suitable so it will throw those user-mode exceptions when being out of hardware resources.

Basic Member
    ihad windows 10 and its already unchecked on me. what can i do

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aveyo View Post
    Yeah, actually reading the microsoft article I've linked myself, in the bottom of the page it is stated that some versions of Windows 7 come with it enabled.
    Probably the ones used as a NSA backdoor

But it seems you also need to have Debugging Tools for Windows installed (not clear if it's mandatory for this bug to show up).

And back to DOTA, after Siltbreaker update, the PC requirements went further up, so I guess your machine is not quite suitable so it will throw those user-mode exceptions when being out of hardware resources.
    My fps are fine ingame, like they was before Dont see any diffrence in performance. 100+ when running on map farming etc, they drop to like 40-50 in big team fights, never below 40. But i dont play on 1080p. 1600x900 is my ress.

@antikcosma dont really know. Never used windows 10 :/