Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: June 20 Bot Update

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    Umm... This can be abused!!! I suggest returning either ATTACK or ATTACK2 for this too!
    Well, sort of -- no moreso than any player can abuse seeing when their character starts a crit animation.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Well, sort of -- no moreso than any player can abuse seeing when their character starts a crit animation.
    Check this out! Writing something like this would be super easy (and I don't think any player can manually do this). Even worse than this is writing a script that bashes people with slardar/void (but I'm not sure if their animation counts as the same type as crits).

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    Check this out! Writing something like this would be super easy (and I don't think any player can manually do this). Even worse than this is writing a script that bashes people with slardar/void (but I'm not sure if their animation counts as the same type as crits).
    AFAIK that doesn't work any more, though I'm not going to go into specifics of how/why.

Unless you have manually making the API lie (or adding manual noticeable delay), someone can start an attach, check its animation type and cancel the attack if it is not a crit (and repreat) which basically creates the same effect as the video. I'm going to check if doing this is possible when I'm back to coding again in around 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    AFAIK that doesn't work any more, though I'm not going to go into specifics of how/why.
    Yep, just checked, it doesn't work! Since you didn't want to say why it doesn't work, I'm not gonna say it either (I don't think it is hard to figure out why it doesn't work though), but one of my guesses was close (but not exactly right )! Anyway, I can't think of any noteworthy way of abusing it (even though I think I know what you are doing), so I think we should be fine!