Thread: Question about Particles

Question about Particles

I understand that Control Point 0 is the start position and Control Point 1 is the end position which works fine on particles like Io's Tether. However, there are particles that don't work the same way, such as Sniper's Ultimate, Ogre's Ignite or Witch Doctor's Cask. Does anybody happen to know any workaround?

Thanks

Your best bet is to experiment with control points and instancing the particles (or even their sub systems)

Current position co-ordinates non-tracable. Unknown space.
    Some particles (like WD's Cask) are considered projectiles and their effects are most prominent when the particle is being moved around. Such particles usually use rope renderers and start/end control points (CP0 and CP1, like you mentioned, or maybe even additional CPs) to produce their effect. I recommend opening up the particles you want to use (try to find the main parent particle, which stores all the CP information within it) in the particle editor. You can hover over the CPs listed on the side of the editor and see what each CP does and from which particle it originates (if there are child particles attached). From there, you can experiment with moving the main control point (CP0) within the editor by selecting it and moving it around with the transform gizmo (green/red/blue selection). If it produces an effect that you recognize, you're set! Otherwise, you might need to move other CPs or attach them to your actors in SFM. Good luck!

Thanks for your replies.

Toyoka - I tried moving the CPs in the particle editor and instantly got results, unlike in SFM.

MaxOfS2D - Looks like building the spell bit by bit is the only way to get some decent results.