Thread: Spirit Bear & Tempest Double unable to gain Stick/Wand charges, if AW/LD carries one

Lightbulb Spirit Bear & Tempest Double unable to gain Stick/Wand charges, if AW/LD carries one

Tempest Double & Spirit Bear are unable to gain Magic Stick & Magic Wand charges, if their respective main Hero (Arc Warden / Lone Druid) is carrying a Magic Stick / Wand as well.

This bug has appeared as of an attempted bug fix regarding Hero Clones stealing Stick/Wand charges from their respective main heroes.

I suspect that this bug is caused by the "only the most recent Magic Stick/Wand is able to gain charges per each hero" interaction, which considers the Clones'/Bears inventory to be the same as the main Heros, and thus the Tempest & the Bear won’t get any Magic Stick/Wand charges, if Arc Warden / Lone Druid are carrying one as well.

This interaction exists for regular heroes to prevent them from buying 6 Magic Wands and gaining 6x17 charges at once.

This interaction should be altered for Arc Warden & Lone Druid, so that their respective summons can gain their very own Stick/Wand charges, without taking their respective main hero’s inventory into account.

Each Unit that has a separate inventory should be able to gain its own charges.

Current behaviour: Tempest Double & Spirit Bear are unable to gain Magic Stick/Wand charges, if their respective main Hero carries a Stick/Wand as well (due to the game considering both/all Sticks/Wands to be in the main Heros inventory).

Intended behaviour: Arc Warden & his Tempest Double and Lone Druid & his Spirit should be able to gain Magic Stick/Wand charges independently, their inventories should not be considered as "one" (this is/was the cause of a few bugs, such as the HotD bug, the old Magic stick/wand bug and the quick-buy bug).

Showcase videos:

Video comparison (patch 7.00):

It turns out that the Spirit Bear is fully unable to gain any Stick/Wand charges at all, regardless of Lone Druids inventory!
    Last edited by The_Zett; 07-03-2017 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Added comparison with patch 7.00 (test client)
    I am usually located at the end of the Alphabet.

This behaviour has been reverted as of the 7.06e.

It was reverted to the older, even worse behaviour (for AW; LD remains unchanged).

The 4th update from the 14th July 2017 has changed this behaviour once again.

Now Tempests & Bears are completely unable to gain Stick/Wand charges on their own, regardless of what items AW/LD are carrying.