Thread: map time scaling and particle render issue

Basic Member

map time scaling and particle render issue

hi is there a way to speed up or slow down the river or lava flow in the map? something like controlling in-game time scale so it could apply to map particles and simulations as well

i also found some particles will pass through objects in front of it
    any solution for this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't think there's a workaround for those types of particles that get rendered on top. You just have to turn them off when they're behind the object.

Yep, sometimes you have to work around the in-gamey behaviours by just "animating over them". There may be fancier solutions like redoing the particle, modifying its properties, etc... but usually you want the fastest, down-to-earth solution :P

Also you might be able to slow or speed up what you're asking for by CTRL+ALT+SHIFTING the edge of your shot to stretch its time scale, but then you just animate "at normal time" inside of it... I believe the end result would just be "slow world, regular everything else", if you see what I mean

Current position co-ordinates non-tracable. Unknown space.
    Those particles which render above other models use an option to disable z-buffering. This option is disabled by default and is a hidden attribute within the Particle Editing Tool.

You can simply open the particle in the particle editor, disable the 'disable z-buffer test' option, and save the particle with the same directory set-up as the original read-only particle you just modified. This will overwrite the original particle and allow you to further edit/save it if need be.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOfS2D View Post
    Yep, sometimes you have to work around the in-gamey behaviours by just "animating over them". There may be fancier solutions like redoing the particle, modifying its properties, etc... but usually you want the fastest, down-to-earth solution :P

Also you might be able to slow or speed up what you're asking for by CTRL+ALT+SHIFTING the edge of your shot to stretch its time scale, but then you just animate "at normal time" inside of it... I believe the end result would just be "slow world, regular everything else", if you see what I mean
    the clip stretching not working, it seems the river texture tied with global timeline so it always go with same speed, thanks for the suggestion

Basic Member
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyoka View Post
    Those particles which render above other models use an option to disable z-buffering. This option is disabled by default and is a hidden attribute within the Particle Editing Tool.

You can simply open the particle in the particle editor, disable the 'disable z-buffer test' option, and save the particle with the same directory set-up as the original read-only particle you just modified. This will overwrite the original particle and allow you to further edit/save it if need be.
    thanks man, you saved my life
    Just I find it hectic if the particle have many particle I need to check one by one
    Last edited by suisiao; 07-05-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Current position co-ordinates non-tracable. Unknown space.
    No problem As for moving textures, yea, those are tied to the shader which doesn't take timescale into account. You could recreate the water material/create your own to change the flow rate and all that, but that's a bit of a hassle for what you want to do. Anyway, good luck!