Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stuck Establishing Connection. 24 Hour Ban WTF

Angry Stuck Establishing Connection. 24 Hour Ban WTF

I seriously don't know what's up with this. I just made an account because I got a 24h ban for accepting a game and not getting to load it because I never got to connect to the gameserver (Japan) multiple times. I get stuck on 'Establishing Connection' even though my internet is stable. This has never happened to me before but has happened today and yesterday.

Basic Member
    Same thing happened to me on South American Servers. I accepted the queue, stuck on Connecting, then banned. It's not consistent though, I played couple games in between. But this has been happening in the last week, haven't seen this before.

I'm not abusing the system or anything. I have over 1.5k games over multiple years and only 6 abandons which mostly are due to random connection losses and I usually still try-hard finish the game even if it's scored as loss for me.

This feels somewhat unjust. I understand why the system is in place, but 24h seems a lot and especially when it's probably due to a bug or something. My network connection is fine.

Basic Member
    Also to contribute something more than this vague bug report, here's another thing:

On Linux the UI is broken and doesn't show time remaining for the ban for when Normal or Ranked is selected, you can still see it if you select the Seasonal Ranked:

drDfUzA.png

It's a bit annoying especially if you don't know that it shows up in Seasonal Ranked.

Basic Member
    I'm facing the same problems here along with a lot of other people around the world and it started almost for 3 or 2 day so it's not a CONNECTION ISSUE it's something from game itself
    i'm already taking my secend 24h ban for this bug/problem
    i can't play the game at all please some one take a look at our problem in dota2 develop team
    i'm already taking my secend 24h ban for this bug/problem

Basic Member
    Same problem. 24h ban for second time in a row. internet connection is good, tried to ping closest servers from CMD, got this:
    "Ping statistics for 146.66.156.2:
    Packets: Sent = 33, Received = 23, Lost = 10 (30% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 9ms, Maximum = 50ms, Average = 11ms"
    "Ping statistics for 146.66.152.2:
    Packets: Sent = 27, Received = 27, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 32ms, Maximum = 57ms, Average = 34ms"

for some reason for one server there is packet loss
    also this problem started several days ago. please look in to it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiku View Post
    Also to contribute something more than this vague bug report, here's another thing:

On Linux the UI is broken and doesn't show time remaining for the ban for when Normal or Ranked is selected, you can still see it if you select the Seasonal Ranked:

drDfUzA.png

It's a bit annoying especially if you don't know that it shows up in Seasonal Ranked.
    the same is on windows as well

Basic Member
    I also have the same problem since Friday. At first I thought it's from my internet, but then players from everywhere seem to have it.
    I have tried many things: turning off my firewall, changing the clientport, restarting the route, rebooting the router, nothing worked
    I have posted a lot of stuff on Dota 2 discussions but developers don't read that so I thought if I post here they would help!
    This is unjust Maiku indeed, but then again they might not know that this is happening. I think they will definitely notice once they see that the number of players is decreasing :S

Basic Member
    Faced same problem after latest patch. Last week there were no problems with connection. 24h BAN is an outrage.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereid View Post
    Faced same problem after latest patch. Last week there were no problems with connection. 24h BAN is an outrage.
    outrage is 24h ban for 2 days in a row

Basic Member
    having this problem for 7 days need help! If valve will fix this can we get like something back cuse we was waiting for long time somvone 1 week somvone 2 I was waiting 7 days and my friend from Latvia was waiting for 2 and half weeks pls valve fix it! I want to go to play my favorite game. And if u fix the issue pls take ban off, TY for support!