Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Invoker's spells are revealed

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Invoker's spells are revealed

Invoker's currently invoked spells are revealed to the enemy team if you click on him. It will show grey'd out Quas, Wex, and Exort (doesn't show the amount of points), but it ALSO shows the currently invoked spells for invoker. Not sure if it was just a limitation in the WC 3 engine, but you shouldn't be able to know what spells are currently invoked, as it provides a tactical advantage if you KNOW exactly what spells he has up.

Repro steps:

1. Get two players in the same game on different teams, one picks invoker the other picks another hero.
    2. Get invoker to skill invoke and invoke a spell.
    3. Have the other player click on invoker.

Result: Invoker's currently invoked spell(s) is revealed to the enemy player.
    Expected result: Invoker's currently invoked spell(s) should not be revealed to the enemy player.

Just as a note. In Dota 1, all enemy's skill icons are hidden.

Basic Member
    I don't see anything wrong with being able to see what spells Invoker has

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evaldusia View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with being able to see what spells Invoker has
    would serve as a great advantage pre-battle. plus, dota 2 should be kept as much as a mirror to dota 1 as much as possible

Basic Member
    Is there any reason why it should be kept as 1:1 game? I thought they are trying to improve the game, some changes can work as nerfs/buffs etc.

Basic Member
    I just got an idea, there could be Dark/Hard mode where clicking on enemy hero doesn't change to targeted unit's UI so you don't know anything about enemy and health bar should be filled up with one color just for reference that it's either enemy or friend.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evaldusia View Post
    Is there any reason why it should be kept as 1:1 game? I thought they are trying to improve the game, some changes can work as nerfs/buffs etc.
    i agree to a point where gameplay can improve off of the limitations off the wc3 engine. but in this case, seeing what spells an enemy has should be off limits

I dont think its an improvement ... for now it servs only as a nerf to invoker -_- In dota 1 the only way to know what spell he has is if u saw his orbs ... witch required a greater knowlage of the game and a highter skill level .. -_-

This was already reported.The only con may be that you'll see wether invoker has Ghostwalk invoked.

Btw, you can see Dooms "Devoured spells" too.

IIRC you can also see the level of an enemy invoker's Q/W/E if you mouse over the buff, since it tells you the amount of damage/speed/regeneration the buff is currently giving.