Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: dota_spectator_auto_spectate_bot_games

Valve Developer

dota_spectator_auto_spectate_bot_games

If you set this to 1, it'll automatically spectate a game that is a random bot script vs another one. We're tracking MMR internally, but haven't surfaced anything official in the UI yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    If you set this to 1, it'll automatically spectate a game that is a random bot script vs another one. We're tracking MMR internally, but haven't surfaced anything official in the UI yet.
    Good to know you are actually working on it! Can you give us top 3? (or else, I have to investigate all Dota 2 files to find bot rankings )

Valve Developer
    Well the inaugural game is still going, so nothing yet.

I saw PubSimulator vs Nos bots (just finished). PubSimulator won easily :P . Who else is watching? (I see there is another spectator)

Edit: It would be nice to know who is playing against whom!

Edit 2: The result of the matches I saw are the following
    PubSim(win) vs Nos -> Nos got 0 kills
    Adam(win) vs BotExp
    BotExp(win) vs Nos -> either it was this game or the previous one (can't remember), but the losing team didn't buy anything and didn't level up at all
    PubSim(win) vs BotExp -> not that close
    Adam(win) vs PubSim -> draw lineup, pushed early and won
    Adam vs Nos(win) -> Adam was way ahead in kills, but Nos got megas
    PubSim(win) vs adam -> very close game, PubSim came back from 2 rax down. It ended with PubSim teamwiping adam and getting the throne
    Last edited by Platinum_dota2; 07-19-2017 at 08:19 PM.

how to check the MMR of each bot script?

Basic Member
    Is there anyway to find out which script is running in the game? for example pubsimulator vs another shows on the UI

Quote Originally Posted by SIKIM View Post
    Is there anyway to find out which script is running in the game? for example pubsimulator vs another shows on the UI
    Not yet. But if you are familiar with them then it is not that hard to tell (at least Nos and PubSim should be easy to differentiate from the rest).

BTW. I'm getting an error right now that the game server was not found! Are matches over or did the server crash (or it's just my client)?

Basic Member
    Ugh, I hate how "time" is the most lacking resource in my life right now. There are so many things on my plate, and I want to fix up both bot projects too. Curse my need of at least 5-6 hrs of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Well the inaugural game is still going, so nothing yet.
    Is the ranking known now? It is killing me man

BTW. My suggestions for scripts that would be good to have on dedicated servers (but probably need a small update from the authors, maybe you can poke them) are:
    ExtremePush
    Alchemist and His Four Friends