Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: dota_spectator_auto_spectate_bot_games

Quote Originally Posted by nostrademous View Post
    Ugh, I hate how "time" is the most lacking resource in my life right now. There are so many things on my plate, and I want to fix up both bot projects too. Curse my need of at least 5-6 hrs of sleep.
    I think both of your projects are too ambitious given that you have time constraints (like most other people around here since this is just a hobby for everyone). I would suggest making these projects much smaller. For instance just implementing one relatively good team or two is completely feasible no matter how tight your schedule is.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    I think both of your projects are too ambitious given that you have time constraints (like most other people around here since this is just a hobby for everyone). I would suggest making these projects much smaller. For instance just implementing one relatively good team or two is completely feasible no matter how tight your schedule is.
    You are right, but I'm working on bringing in a team of coders to join me - we all just time constrained at the moment. Hopefully in early-mid Aug we will have time freed up. If I haven't done the full-overwrite approach I would be so much farther along, but I would have learned a lot less.

I attempted to use this, but it says the host server ain't available, something like that.

Edit: It's now working with Nos vs Pub Simulator.
    Last edited by DreadedGhoul575; 07-20-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    I saw PubSimulator vs Nos bots (just finished). PubSimulator won easily :P . Who else is watching? (I see there is another spectator)

Edit: It would be nice to know who is playing against whom!

Edit 2: The result of the matches I saw are the following
    PubSim(win) vs Nos -> Nos got 0 kills
    Adam(win) vs BotExp
    BotExp(win) vs Nos -> either it was this game or the previous one (can't remember), but the losing team didn't buy anything and didn't level up at all
    PubSim(win) vs BotExp -> not that close
    Adam(win) vs PubSim -> draw lineup, pushed early and won
    Adam vs Nos(win) -> Adam was way ahead in kills, but Nos got megas
    PubSim(win) vs adam -> very close game, PubSim came back from 2 rax down. It ended with PubSim teamwiping adam and getting the throne
    Mine is only repeating Pub vs Nos

Valve Developer
    It's still kind of beta (which is why it's just on a convar rather than being on the Watch page or something). We're starting to bump into the insanity of TI work but I'd really like to get this up and running for real as part of the effort to make bot scripts more visible to players.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    It's still kind of beta (which is why it's just on a convar rather than being on the Watch page or something). We're starting to bump into the insanity of TI work but I'd really like to get this up and running for real as part of the effort to make bot scripts more visible to players.
    Ahh, TI again, and regrets of not getting tickets on time! Cheering for S4 has let me down in the past couple of TIs, so I will probably cheer for my boy Artour or my man Puppey this time! I understand that dealing with TI probably drains all your time and energy.

It would be cool to have this thing running soon for visibility. Maybe the competition is also enough incentive for new scripters to join.

So I turned it on, but keeping get an error that says "The Server hosting this game was not found"

Consol spat out this,
    StartWatchingGame request SteamID: [A:1:4284055557:8865], watching SteamID: [I:0:0]
    Received CMsgWatchGameResponse result 0.
    Received CMsgWatchGameResponse result 2.
    Last edited by Drkirby; 07-20-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Valve Developer
    Yeah, something went sideways with that server and the lobby got stuck. There's a reason this is just available via a convar at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Yeah, something went sideways with that server and the lobby got stuck. There's a reason this is just available via a convar at the moment.
    What are the winrates (or mmr, if you are tracking it) so far?