Thread: cannot find bot co-op games the past couple of weeks

Basic Member

cannot find bot co-op games the past couple of weeks

hello,

normally people seem to play bot game even in the early mornings of EU-east / west, but the past couple of weeks i can't seem to find any games even at 0:00AM CET.
    i suspect that there might be a matchmaking problem.

--

It was the update that added workshop scripts to co-op matchmaking queue screwing everything up, am super salty about co-op queues being so bad, it now takes over 5 minutes to find a game because co-op queues are split in between all those scripts, i know the devs wanted to add some variety since default co-op script is not likely to be updated but i dont know how about adding some color branding to know which script has the most players or roll back that update until you have ironed the queue problem it cause.

6 minute queue and counting at the time of this post with furious puppy script that was preselected when i started dota.
    Last edited by azy; 07-27-2017 at 10:29 PM.
    Signature by Smittech

Basic Member
    i didn't even know about the scripts and how to select them, but i'm getting queues over 20minutes and just canceling.

Basic Member
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=282838

This update ruined queue times for co-op bots, I suggested a player counter for each script on the bot scripting forum, also got a suggestion for a "random" selection that would just put you in whatever script is first available. Right now I'm exclusively queuing for default bots in hopes that everyone else is doing the same, but I've noticed that the game seems to randomly select a bot script every time you open the game and I think that's putting players who haven't noticed the change into queues for custom bots that no one is playing.

Basic Member
    +1 for the random selection or perhaps the list should be a list with checkboxes where the user can deselect certain bots or select all.

right now, i'm just looking for a bot game, trying every single option and can't get a game by waiting for up to 10 minutes.
    maybe the matchmaking is broken too.

Now that the international is over, would you guys fix co-op bot queues please. Still terrible times, sometimes over 10 min to find a co-op.
    Signature by Smittech

Still terrible queue times.
    Signature by Smittech