Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any plan for a kick function?

Basic Member

Is there any plan for a kick function?

When can we expect to get a kick function for this game? So many people just come in game and act like they're the best and end up throwing the game because people aren't supposedly up to their standards and they ruin it for others by trying to take lanes from them or leaving others alone, etc. I would like to see a kick function where majority or 4/5 team mates agree on a kick and have them removed from the game and still play it as a 4v5 game as we can still have a chance but the one person usually ruins it and throws the game. Having a counter for kicks where it keeps track of how many times a player has been kicked and if they get kicked 3-5 times in a short time then it puts them in low priority queue for a day or so, like an abandon essentially so players who ruin the game for others are punished as reports don't do anything to fix them acting like a dick in game.

Below are some examples of elitist idiots who ruin games(only read if you actually care)

Me and some friends played a couple of games today and we had 2 people in 2 different games that pretty much ruin it. The first game had a Riki who apparently said a Lich was too shit and took mid lane from my friend while I was solo top with one person jungling, pretty much ruining farm for mid lane and he then was left in charge of it and proceeded to not hold the tower or even gank, keep in mind the Lich did nothing wrong and nobody died or took much damage. A game shortly afterwards we queue with 4 people in total, one being very new to the game and we think teaching in pub situations is better as bots aren't a realistic depiction of a pub game. The person we find in MM lanes with our friend who is new to DotA and he gets overly butthurt and says he should play bot games insisting that some people in pubs "are amazing" which is rarely the case in matchmaking on our skill level, but basically he stops helping and ends up throwing the game when he refused to help us push down mid when their team was down and we had to barracks and just sat where the barracks would be in mid lane while we pushed down then our carry died and couldn't buy back and we lost it.

Basic Member
    I want this and a surrender feature!

Quote Originally Posted by Sterence View Post
    I would like to see a kick function where majority or 4/5 team mates agree on a kick and have them removed from the game
    Majority = No
    4/5 = Only if the 4 aren't in the same party

Basic Member
    God If I read "Elitist" one more time I am goign to murder a puppy (We currently have 10 of them...)

Seriously. Also like with all those stupidcomplains there's no match ID so that we can judge wether it wa really as you've described it.

Regarding kick: Only in Practice Games.

This can work only when Valve gives us real solo qeueu. Imagine playing against premade teams which kick you for any stupid reason just because they are premade.

Basic Member
    A kick function where there have to be 9 votes in favor of kicking before the person is kicked.
    It'd count as an abandon by the kicked person, and the game would be free to leave.

Yes please.

Too susceptible to abuse: just look at how lots of players are abusing the report system because another player is not following their orders or calling them out. Add kicks into a game with a system that punishes leaving and it's not going to end well.

Requiring the other team to agree to the kick is pointless since they have no way of verifying what's going on in team chat.

I, for one, welcome our new Russian overlords.

NO. Forfeit, though, is a must. But since this is beta, and VALVe wants us to test, expect nothing for now.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k0i View Post
    Requiring the other team to agree to the kick is pointless since they have no way of verifying what's going on in team chat.
    Worked just fine in Dota. If someone is 0/13/0 and you asked for a kick the enemy team would oblige 9 out of 10 times.
    If the enemy team is fed and the game is lost, just kick the person who fed most grievously. He gets an abandon, everyone else gets to leave the game and move on with their lives. Same thing applies the other way around. GG, we won, abandon for your feeder and everyone moves on.

Basic Member
    Great! I love the idea of kicking noobs out of games whenever we can! Why give those tards a chance to ever learn to play?

You're losing? Well maybe not, but you think you might be? Psssh. Waste of time let's end the game right now. Kick that one player who obviously doesn't know the game that well so that we can give him an "abandon" so we can leave. Now that's what I call progressive thinking!

Hell yeah there's no way the dota community will ever abuse this. Works great in HoN, after all.