Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: open-ai's 1v1 mid bot code open source?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    10+ people with a lot of money wrote a 1v1 SF mid but after a couple of months that wins if enemy obeys their rules AND only picks SF, honestly, nothing to see here! I'm sorry, but I also don't buy the "it started with nothing but random moves and learned everything" BS (it is a good bait for getting fundings from clueless people tho). And don't bother asking for its code, I don't think the code will ever be public for obvious reasons.

The thing that bothers me the most is that Valve got fooled with this BS, but didn't bother to run an actual 5v5 bot vs bot tournament for the people who are actually making bots.
    go do research please dont that closed minded, ur not 40 years old are you

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EyassShahoud View Post
    Keep calm guys, we are at the beginning of bot scripting. of course valve developers can build one SF, considering all events of the game( who attacks me?, where am I?, what Im doing now? what my opponent is doing now? and etc. ) just in one lane just for one opponent and some few creeps. the problem is to handle all matters, events or issues in 5vs5. who may ganked me now? where should we push? can we straight go to enemy ancient and destroy it? Is it worth to kill one instead of losing fight? shall we pick up runes? and other tons of questions may comes to your mind to implement. beside, API current bugs and issue and LUA complexity are undeniable. these matters may be resolved slowly but decision making is the major problem.

Valve may not share OpenAI code or ideas publicly, but instead Jacob gives some good information about OpenAI. he said they build some major actions like hast lit, stand away and etc. but decision making is take apart from basic implementation. what I understand, Artificial Neural Network( Called ANN ) is the basic of OpenAI Decision making. some plugins are available in some lua IDE but i didnt check that( not plugins for Notepad++ ). anyway for those who concern about AI DM like me, ANN may be good counter for this Challenge

These are some things scriptors take into development. keep developing

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EyassShahoud View Post
    lol yea some of us are almost 40, whats your point?

Basic Member
    10+ people with a lot of money wrote a 1v1 SF mid but after a couple of months that wins if enemy obeys their rules AND only picks SF, honestly, nothing to see here! I'm sorry, but I also don't buy the "it started with nothing but random moves and learned everything" BS (it is a good bait for getting fundings from clueless people tho). And don't bother asking for its code, I don't think the code will ever be public for obvious reasons.

The thing that bothers me the most is that Valve got fooled with this BS, but didn't bother to run an actual 5v5 bot vs bot tournament for the people who are actually making bots.
    You should really do some research on adversarial networks with unsupervised machine learning. This whole thread is kind of embarrassing (a lot of you think Valve made this or owns it? They don't.) and it's definitely Dunning-Kruger in full effect. It's like you code in the most basic, hardly object-oriented language (FYI, making Lua scripts doesn't make you an expert in... well... anything) to make simple bots and some of you think you know everything. This stuff is well beyond what any of you have done.

It's not like a static Lua script and calling it a way to get "fundings" from "clueless people" is pretty ironic considering it's funded by Elon Musk. Whoops! Guess you're the one that could use a clue.

What they said it is and how it functions is 100% true and I would be happy to link to the research that made the project possible.

Seems like this community lives in a bubble and no one here has bothered to educate themselves on how this was achieved or the technology/methods whatsoever.

To people at OpenAI: I do this for fun (Since I mainly work on advanced algorithms and not ML)
    Oh you don't say? LOL. Also why is it that when you say "advanced algorithms" I get the feeling you don't even know what stochastic gradient descent is?
    Last edited by hosnappp; 09-07-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Basic Member
    Why is this turning into a pissing contest suddenly? They did what they did. Elon Musk said what he said (of course he is going to be sensationalizing it, he funded the company). The sun rises in the east... what else is new?

You want to work with OpenAI - reach out to them, they are hiring. It's on their webpage.

Basic Member
    O....K..... THEN.... hosnapppppp

Based on these recent replies from the detectives here, I'm apparently a 40+ years old high school kid who can only write lua scripts You guys are really close, keep guessing, but make sure to find the right "gradient" first! LoL

Edit: here are some useful links for the white knights:

- OpenAI's funding (note: none has an AI background)
    - A blog from another "closed minded 40+ years old who knows nothing about ML"
    - About Elon Musk and his "cluelessness"

And yes, my initial reaction was too harsh, but all the "40+ years old close-minded kids" (who happen to be scientists) that I've talked to had the same reaction. Also most of my initial guesses (about creep blocking, bot being coached, supervised vs unsupervised learning, white listing/hard coding many things etc.) turned out to be true! BTW. it has been a month, what happened to the mission to make AI accessible to everyone? /s
    Last edited by Platinum_dota2; 09-11-2017 at 05:07 PM.

You obviously don't know anything about machine learning lol, a computer can teach itself to do anything with genetic algorithms.