Thread: NEED HELP: How to notify some non-projectile abilities on Entitny

Basic Member

NEED HELP: How to notify some non-projectile abilities on Entitny

the goal is to capture all incoming abilites( non-attack damages ) to specific creep or hero. I used GetAvoidanceZones() and GetIncomingTrackingProjectiles() for this purpose but some abilities are not considered in these functions. luna beam and juggernaut battlefury are the examples. juggernaut makes and area zone that has a location and radius, indeed luna beam should be considered in incoming projectiles to specific entity.

of course this idea may arise that checking IsInAbilityPhase() and GetTargetTeam() would be some Complementary functions but these would be triggered if we have vision for specific hero or entity( some creeps i mean ).

I need some ideas how to notify some abilities on specific hero that are not in GetAvo.. or GetIncom...

Any suggestion??

EDIT: brain sap( second ability of bane ) is same, meaning that is not considered in Incoming projectiles
    Last edited by SIKIM; 08-30-2017 at 03:00 AM.

Basic Member
    Can't you check if the enemy has a buff modifier ? Eclipse has a timer modifier running on the hero.
    Brain Sap has quite a fast animation rate so I don't think you can catch it (and even so I don't think you can avoid it, as in popping BKB that fast). For abilities without projectiles you should use enemy modifiers. For almost-instant abilities it's the same as in an actual game: you can't do anything about them fast enough unless you have an itchy trigger finger

Repel, for instance, has a cast point that is prolly beyond stuff like Brain Sap or Test of Faith nukes.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Basic Member
    the problem is that some abilites does not have a buff modifier like juggernaut blade fury, or brian sap, or sand king's sand storm. what comes to my mind is to manage recent abilities trigger on hero.

for example necrolyte ability( first one for necrophos ) can be managed via GetIncoming... even he is out of entity's vision. I check this now and this bring an idea to create something like GetIncomingAbitilies( hUnit ) but i cant do it because of incomplete information given in API.

and sometimes GetIncoming... return nil value for some abilities like oracle or dragon form of dragon knight
    Last edited by SIKIM; 08-30-2017 at 03:53 AM.