Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Custom game Bots GetRuneStatus bug

Basic Member

Custom game Bots GetRuneStatus bug

In Custom Games Bot API "GetRuneStatus()" marks rune locations as 2(RUNE_STATUS_MISSING) as soon as the location becomes visible to the bots team even if a rune is there
    tested on default map(dota)

I am not really sure if this is the right place to post about interactions between bots and custom gamemodes but I havent found anything close to the issue Im having

If anyone knows a way to overcome this problem and make bots pickup runes other than making them run to runelocation and then making the gamemode check around every bot for a rune and forcing the click(my current ugly implementation) please tell me.
    Last edited by Dimas-DSF; 08-10-2017 at 07:46 AM.

Basic Member
    I am not sure if custom bots can run in custom games yet.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Basic Member
    Yep it happens to me too but only when 40 minutes power up runes spawn (the 2 power up runes spawn updates). When I run "dota_bot_debug_team 2/3", one of the power up rune status always missing even though the rune is there and the bots have a vision around that location. I dont know if the GetRuneStatus() must be updated in order to makes this API always return the correct power up rune status or maybe do you have another ideas, The Nomad?

Edit : Not 4 minutes but 40 minutes. My bad.
    Last edited by arz_on4dt; 08-10-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Basic Member
    This must be a new bug then. It used to work before as I watched my bot jungle for 20 mins going back and forth between camps and getting either bounty or powerup.
    I admit I only tested the radiant part. Which rune has the wrong return?
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    This must be a new bug then. It used to work before as I watched my bot jungle for 20 mins going back and forth between camps and getting either bounty or powerup.
    I admit I only tested the radiant part. Which rune has the wrong return?
    My bad. It happens in 40 minutes rune spawn and after. It's between bottom or top power up rune for both teams. Here are the screenshot for both teams on both power up runes.
    20170811111720_1.jpg20170811111711_1.jpg20170811111516_1.jpg20170811111455_1.jpg
    Last edited by arz_on4dt; 08-10-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Basic Member
    But you don't have vision of it in that sshot. Powerup2 is the bottom river rune.
    Also, I expect that the status treats it as either available or not, as since the rune is drawn on the minimap through the FoW to actually return "unknown" rather than missing (and only be updated once vision hits)
    Last edited by The Nomad; 08-11-2017 at 03:24 AM.

Basic Member
    But you don't have vision of it in that sshot. Powerup2 is the bottom river rune.
    Also, I expect that the status treats it as either available or not, as since the rune is drawn on the minimap through the FoW to actually return "unknown" rather than missing (and only be updated once vision hits)
    The first image (the most left) is the debug for the Dire Team and they literally have a vision over the invis rune (bottom power up rune) because there is a high ground ward but the Powerup2 rune status recognize it as missing (the symbol is "X" rather than "?" or "!").

I can also confirm, the function is buggy.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arz_on4dt View Post
    The first image (the most left)
    Missed it. It might be broken in the same patch as the one that broke channeling as the powerup rune worked some time ago.

Basic Member
    Missed it. It might be broken in the same patch as the one that broke channeling as the powerup rune worked some time ago.
    I think the GetRuneStatus() API on how to get new rune status haven't been updated since 7.06 Patch (Powerup Runes now spawn different runes on both sides of the river after 40 minutes). . Because I've spotted bots never took the other power up rune far before the channeling issue.
    Last edited by arz_on4dt; 08-11-2017 at 10:48 AM.