Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: August 24 Bot Update

Basic Member
    The generate path function is very useful, thank you!
    I'm struggling with one thing though. Because it is async, the callback function is frequently called at a moment in time unrelated to the execution of the calling bots code. The result is that it's very painful to track who called the function when the result comes in since bots use the same variables. the best way I found was to look at the first waypoint in the result and check which of my bots is closest, but that doesn't always work because of the low resolution of the collision map. Occasionally it ends up selecting the wrong hero and so one of my bots starts following the orders of another.
    Is there a way of structuring lua files such that it can easily be kept straight? Or could some way of identifying the caller bot be added? Making GetBot() work inside of the callback would help a ton

Additionally. I know the coarse grid is for performance reason, but is there some way we could gain access to finer pathing grid for short distances? My bots sometimes get stuck like this:
    Code:
     |   |
    O\___/  
          X
    Where O is my bot trying to get to waypoint X but gets stuck behind a tiny obstacle.

Valve Developer
    I'm going to change the callback function to take an additional parameter (sorry, this will break scripts!) that is the index returned by the GeneratePath call, so you can tell which callback corresponds to which pathfind.

Basic Member
    It'd would be great if you coudl also implement some of the suggestions from this thread as well If you have time of course
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Basic Member
    Thanks Chris! That would certainly do the trick