Thread: Scoreboard hotkey/not have to hold it

Basic Member

Scoreboard hotkey/not have to hold it

First of all, I would like to suggest an option which changes the default scoreboard behavior to work like the shop when the hotkey is pressed, i.e. the hotkey doesn't need to be held any more, but just needs to be pressed once to open it and then pressed again to close it (if there isn't such thing yet ofc).

Secondly, is it possible and legal to use a script which achieves this? If yes, how to do it?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by psioniC; 09-12-2017 at 12:51 PM.

It was previously achievable, but now the needed commands have been removed.

You could use AutoHotkey_H. A basic script would be:
    Code:
    #IfWinActive, ahk_exe dota2.exe
    NumLock::
    Count++
    If Count = 1
    {
    Send {NumLock Down}
    }
    Else If Count = 2
    {
    Send {NumLock Up}
    Count := 0
    }
    SetNumLockState, On
    return
    #IfWinActive
    Just save as scores.ahk in the same directory with autohotkey.exe that you rename to scores.exe so it autoloads the script.

And in DOTA use:
    Code:
    bind NUMLOCK +showscores

Basic Member
    Thanks for the tip. So AutoHotkey_H is an extra program and it's legal? Also, I can set any other hotkey than NumLock this way and the "bind NUMLOCK +showscores" code for Dota 2 is created automatically when I set a hotkey for the scoreboard in options, right?

External macros are generally discouraged, but AHK is no better or worse than software that comes with peripherals from Logitech, Steelseries, Razer.
    Yes. But keep in mind that the script forces the key down as if you were doing it, essentially disabling it, hence the Numlock choice (and includes a specific force always on line SetNumLockState, On).