Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CMsgBotWorldState, Protobufs, and You

Basic Member
    I believe the last one would be Nimbus, not Wrath. Which is why it's "hidden".
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Basic Member
    Incorrect, they are presented in slot order apparently. Good thought though. Check the npc_abilities.txt provided by Valve to map ability ID numbers to ability names.

Basic Member
    Incorrect indeed. 6325 is Nimbus. But you can see my logic
    However now that I think back, the last few patches added Ability Draft fixes (including extra slots for exotic spells). Each hero got 2 extra slots for 4-ability heroes. This may be an impact from that patch and the first hidden is Nimbus and the second hidden is... well hidden since zeus doesn't have a 6th ability. And then we have the ultimate that is missing.

TLDR: the extra hidden ability slots from the AD fix seem to impact the protobuff.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Basic Member
    @ChrisC - another issue with the protobuf, how do I know what "talents" the player has leveled? I assumed that once they are leveled they would appear in the "abilities" list for the unit (if hero type) but that does not seem to be the case.

Basic Member
    @ChrisC - and yet another thing... items seem not to be provided at all. I see abilities and modifiers.

Code:
    		repeated Ability	abilities = 90;
    		repeated Ability	items = 91;
    		repeated Modifier	modifiers = 92;

Hi, complete newbie to dota scripting here. @nostrademous Did you manage to solve the freeze problem after the first proto message is received from the server? Also when I run a custom game through Dota 2 Workshop Tools, I can connect to the server but it doesn't even send the first packet. Any tips on how to solve these issues? Thanks

Basic Member
    I did solve the freeze problem long ago (forget how now b/c it was so long ago, but problem was on my side).

Regarding Workshop Tools, the API is slightly different so chances are you are using the in-game Bot API to connect (which seems to still be a valid function call, but one that does nothing) and instead should be using the Workshop API.

Thanks for the quick response! Well I'm having the freeze problem too, so maybe it's not just on your side... for custom game I'm using
    Code:
    dota_launch_custom_game my_custom_game dota
    in VConsole to launch the game. I can see with netstat that the TCP server is running on 12121, and the python script connects to it, but doesn't receive any bytes.

Basic Member
    I don't think the protobufs are implemented/work for custom games.

Ok, thanks! I was able to solve the freeze thing by just polling for 1 byte at a time, not sure if it's the ideal solution though