Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Got 1 year ban, can't understand why

Basic Member

Got 1 year ban, can't understand why

I have been prevented from playing Dota 2 for 1 year. Asked to Steam support the reason for this ban, they answered me that this punishment is related to one of those actions:
    - Deliberate actions to artificially boost MMR of the account
    - Buying, selling, or trading accounts with boosted MMR
    - Creating an unfair competitive advantage through third-party programs
    - Circumventing low priority by collusion with other users or bots

I did nothing of the above. I just stayed afk for some games cuz my team literally told me that they would have feeded couriers from min 1. This happens quite often in low priority and i simply refuse to play games with intentional game ruiners.
    So, if you tell me that refusing to play with acc buyers and griefers is worth 1 year ban, then i'm ok with it, i'll just play some other moba. Otherwise i think a mistake have been made.

Basic Member
    Post your dotabuff so we can take a look for you.

Basic Member
    I had not the exposed match data enabled, it's now upgrading the match history, 10 mins required.

This is the Dotabuff:
    https://it.dotabuff.com/players/121139849

Those are last low priority games i played (as XXXS) before getting the ban:

As you can see i went afk in some of those, i do it quite often when my team refuse to buy supportive items or just act toxic in chat (fighting for core position and stuffs like that). Still i didn't use any 3rd party program. Going afk when your team act like toxic kids is considered "circumventing" low priority? If so i'll be glad to quit, i just want to know.
    Last edited by Nicknamer; 10-05-2017 at 04:30 AM.

Basic Member
    Your match history looks just nasty! You seem to go to low priority constantly and I can understand why from looking at some of your games in ranked. Then, when you do go to LP you grief even further.
    If I had to guess, I would say your behaviour score and report count simply got to the point where Valve said "enough is enough", that's only my personal guess though.

Others may look at your match history and comment.

Basic Member
    You were banned for intentionally feeding. Here are a few matches showing it:

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3475804296 (Name: I go mid or you go -25)
    https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3475595968
    https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3475414576
    https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3475303368

In your last 20 games, more than 50% are with you having 0 kils and 6-12 deaths per game, using only Boots/Travel Boots, TP & Smoke to feed faster.

Basic Member
    You can't be banned for intentional feeding. You can just get low priority for that. According to the steam support i have been banned for one of those violations:
    - Deliberate actions to artificially boost MMR of the account
    - Buying, selling, or trading accounts with boosted MMR
    - Creating an unfair competitive advantage through third-party programs
    - Circumventing low priority by collusion with other users or bots

Since i did nothing of the above, i don't see what i'm getting punished for.
    Are you telling to me that i can be banned for refusing to play with people who steal my lane or refuse to buy courier at start? I don't think so
    I may be wrong, in that case, as i said, i'll just leave this game, as many did already.
    Last edited by Nicknamer; 10-05-2017 at 05:17 AM.

Basic Member
    You are correct that you get LP for intentional feeding but you seems to do it constantly and like I said, once you are in LP you grief even further. Guess the only way to punish people that grief in punishment is a ban for a year.
    Quite rightly deserved in my opinion.

Basic Member
    First of all, i'm not even griefing: i just go afk after people ruin the game in the first place, you can't force people to play with game ruiners. Secondly, even if this is griefing, if they keep banning everybody who refuse to play with those kind of people (midlane fighters, double carry safelane, courier feeders, etc. etc.) nobody will play this game in a couple of months. I'm pretty sure a mistake have been made, i'm still waiting for a staff member to tell me how things are.
    Also, if you are right and you can be banned for refusing to play cancer matches, then they should tell us. What are those bans out of nowhere? This is a not acceptable way to deal with customers.
    Last edited by Nicknamer; 10-05-2017 at 05:32 AM.

Basic Member
    Ban occurred before that date.
    And by the way, 1 year ban for the 1st offence? Are we for real? This is just crazy. Seems like Valve is trying his best to make Dota 2 fail. His population dropped already a lot and now we start with random YEARS bans.
    I mean, this is the 1st time i get a ban and i start with it, if people get 2 bans is like 10 years ban or something? This is exactly the reason why there are so many acc buyers. I'm actually tempted to buy one aswell, not sure i have enought time to waste making one other account and play 200 normal games before ranked. Well done Valve for incentivating acc selling.
    Last edited by Nicknamer; 10-05-2017 at 05:56 AM.