Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dueling Fates update

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    @Chris

Please add the game mode constants for Turbo Mode and the pick state constant for hero selection in Turbo Mode.

Also, considering this...

... we'll need the constants for bans 11 and 12. I am curious if the extra ban is only for CM or for all CM-based modes (such as reverse CM or Captain's Draft).

I'll keep updating this as I find more impacted (or missing) stuff so that Chris can have it in one place
    Yep, we need it. BTW why http://docs.moddota.com/lua_bots_enums/ and http://docs.moddota.com/lua_server_enums/ now have the same content. Is this how it's supposed to be? I missed a lot of constant value that I need. This link https://developer.valvesoftware.com/..._Bot_Scripting doesn't have the constant value.

And can you add inactive ability API too Chris like Troll Melee Whirling Axes when he's on range form ( even though I can check for his attack range) or MK Primal Spring when he isn't in the tree. I use IsFullyCastable() to check for this but it always return true and IsHidden() always return false. That's why MK sometimes can jump from the ground instead of tree because I just add a check to tree within a small radius and it doesn't guarantee you for preventing MK using it from the ground or he'll just AFK.

Basic Member
    I have a feeling the moddota guys mixed up the constants. I noticed them too today. A lot have no real purpose in the bot API. Or at least, not yet.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    @Chris

Please add the game mode constants for Turbo Mode and the pick state constant for hero selection in Turbo Mode.

Also, considering this...

... we'll need the constants for bans 11 and 12. I am curious if the extra ban is only for CM or for all CM-based modes (such as reverse CM or Captain's Draft).

I'll keep updating this as I find more impacted (or missing) stuff so that Chris can have it in one place

Unrelated to Dueling Fates:
    Does someone know what game modes these pick state constants are for? And I mean 100% know, not assumptions
    • HEROPICK_STATE_FH_SELECT
    • HEROPICK_STATE_BD_SELECT

Also what does this function do: IsPlayerInHeroSelectionControl() ?

probably not such a big deal for captains draft considering the mode doesnt work at all anyway.... it is simply captains mode with most guys greyed out.... you can pick or ban anyone you like...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arz_on4dt View Post
    And can you add inactive ability API too Chris like Troll Melee Whirling Axes when he's on range form ( even though I can check for his attack range) or MK Primal Spring when he isn't in the tree. I use IsFullyCastable() to check for this but it always return true and IsHidden() always return false. That's why MK sometimes can jump from the ground instead of tree because I just add a check to tree within a small radius and it doesn't guarantee you for preventing MK using it from the ground or he'll just AFK.
    I regret this. Actually there is IsActivated() that will inform you that this kind of ability can be used. Not sure if it works for item that in backpack swap cool down.

Basic Member
    The npc* files need to be updated. For example, I can't find meteor hammer or spirit vessel in the exported npc_items.txt from the bots folder.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here

Basic Member
    you have an "npc_items.txt"??? I only have npc_(abilities, heroes, units).txt files in scripts/npc

I really want items.

Basic Member
    My bad. I put it there You're right.

If you're interested, here are all the files (the modifiers are 100% correct, as they're dumped from the game, not from the outdated? wiki).
    Last edited by The Nomad; 12-07-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Basic Member
    there SHOULD be an items.txt in everyones folder.
    i have one and had forgotten that i also put it there until nomad said, valve need to get chris some more help so things like this can be done properly, he seems to be doing absolutely everything bot related himself, plus lots of other duties.