Thread: CreateHTTPRequest() API

Basic Member

CreateHTTPRequest() API

This no longer seems to be working.

@ChrisC did something change? It's still a valid API call (no traceback thrown by Dota) that takes 1 argument (assuming it's an "<IP>:<PORT>" combo), but I don't see the messages in wireshark and my server that used to receive them no longer sees them either (I verified that it is up and listening as I can browse to it using a GET and get a response).

How do I send HTTP POST messages now-a-days?

Seems it stopped working as long ago as Aug 17, 2017.

Basic Member
    I see...

On July 26, 2017 "CreateRemoteHTTPRequest()" API was created (supposedly for non-localhost) and it works. My assumption is that CreateHTTPRequest() got modified back to hard-coded 127.0.0.1: and takes a port as argument only now. Neither API (and arg specification) appear on the bot scripting wiki
    Last edited by nostrademous; 11-05-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nostrademous View Post
    On July 26, 2017 "CreateRemoteHTTPRequest()" API was created (supposedly for non-localhost) and it works. My assumption is that CreateHTTPRequest() got modified back to hard-coded 127.0.0.1: and takes a port as argument only now.
    That's correct.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Basic Member
    yeah, debugging for the win... these API should really be on the wiki with clear examples. Anyways, all fixed.

Basic Member
    moddota is out of date as well. You can use my documentation until those get updated. If you find mistakes let me know and I'll fix them.
    I made it with all updated things in it, even those that Chris didn't post and I tracked the Lua dump to make sure there is nothing missing

It seems the attachment feature is messed up on the forum and doesn't work anymore.

You can download it from here. (link available for 30 days only starting today)

I wrote it using the DocLua syntax
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here