Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: bots vs roshan issues summary

Basic Member
    On Test build, heroes - i'm not sure, i have 2 games in game history, both with sven on my team, don't know which one it was, all bots. I tried to reproduce this behavior playing with cheats (fast lvlup, levelbots etc.) but failed...
    Sorry for my bad English.

Basic Member
    If you don't have empty slots at the moment roshan dies nearest bot will instapick aegis. Intended?

Valve Developer
    Yep, if the bots don't see you as being able to pick it up, they won't defer to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Yep, if the bots don't see you as being able to pick it up, they won't defer to you.
    It would be awesome if bots could check for "junk" items (consumable, magic stick, anything with a value < 250g) and wait a second or two in case you're going to drop something, any chance of seeing this at some point?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    It would be awesome if bots could check for "junk" items (consumable, magic stick, anything with a value < 250g) and wait a second or two in case you're going to drop something, any chance of seeing this at some point?
    You could've just dropped something earlier really.

Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    I agree, but it'd still be nice to see bots realise that humans screw up sometimes.

Basic Member
    Played couple of times with recent patch, stumbled on couple issues:
    - Bots don't take cheese.
    - Last game I played (as invoker) bots (zeus, cm, lina, jugg) wanted to kill roshan couple of times for no reason (no cheat enabled, no advantage for our team).
    - Bots got stuck uphill near Rosh pit number of times (screenshot below) and if managed to unstuck they still failed to come close enough to be able to attack Roshan.
    gs.png

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    You could but if you dont realise they arent going to wait or thats what their ruleset is new players arent going to know why bots are just taking it. I had to read this to now realise why and ive been playing bots for a while.

Basic Member
    Played one more game. Bots wanted to "do Roshan" multiple times for no reason (they seems to want it every game nowadays), went here without me, took couple hits from Rosh and went to push something... Later into the game, we went to Rosh pit together, killed Rosh. I didn't have empty slots, so 3 of bots dropped some items and... went away to push bottom, aegis was left on the ground... I tried to ping on it, but bots ignored my pings, their desire to push was overwhelming... Only some minutes later some bot went and grab the aegis when i pinged in rosh pit...
    Something is definitely wrong with bots' desire to do Roshan and they change their minds too often...

Basic Member
    I just had a crippling game with bots, which I had to leave eventually, because they behaved so poorly.
    We should have won by 30 minutes, but they never managed to push. I simply didn't want to wait for us to win... sadly, Ogre Magi is no hard carry.

On the thread topic: in the same game my team decided to do rosh at the worst possible time (when enemy team where nearby and our lanes where pushed out), possibly because I walked near it.
    Then we couldn't take it, because Sniper would stand outside, on the hill to the left, since he "assumed" he could attack rosh from there.
    After the team couldn't do it, they ported out to defend, when roshan was on 300 something life. Of course the enemy team picked it up quickly shortly after.