Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: bots vs roshan issues summary

Basic Member
    Another thing: Bots will not help the player to counterattack Roshan and if the player stands outside of the Rosh pit when the enemy bots are Roshing, the enemy bots will ignore Roshan and come kill you (even if they did not have vision of you).

I was playing a practice match when all Radiant bots got stuck near Roshan, right before attacking him. I waited for at least 30 seconds, but they just stood there and kept saying "Doing Roshan!".

Screenshot (also, headless Phantom Lancer lol):
    default.jpeg

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PorchettaMan View Post
    I was playing a practice match when all Radiant bots got stuck near Roshan
    Yes, I've seen them stuck in that location. Seems like latest "fix" was not very successful... Someone at Valve ever test these "fixes"? :-/
    Sorry for my bad English.

Basic Member
    I noticed the bots on my team bunching up near Roshan's pit. They all sit to the left of the pit and say "Doing Roshan!" repeatedly. I took a screenshot which might be useful to the devs.

2012-06-03_00005.jpg

Basic Member
    Same for me !

bug_roshan.jpg

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiTi View Post
    when roshan is warded, and we can see the enemy team engaging roshan, I use to ping it to tell my teammates that we need to make their task more difficult, but they (bots) go one by one to roshan, apparently not being aware that the whole enemy team is there, they should wait their team in this case.
    +1
    Whenever I try out a new hero it's the same thing. I've even tried suicidally running in there on my own after pinging like mad, but even that doesn't trigger a response on their part...

Also this on the test build Roshan.png

They sat at the rosh pit for 2 minutes just repeating that line.

Basic Member
    Hi,

There are about 2 main issues still bugging me with the behaviour of bots and Roshan.

1) Bots seem to recalculate their probability of beating Roshan vs. retreating way too frequently. Consequently, they still shuffle in and out of the pit constantly, up to the point of just taking damage from him constantly while walking back and forth. I'm not sure if this has something to do with them guessing whether or not the player character(s) will join them, because I *have* seen a team of 5 bots clear out Rosh without hesitation, but I've never seen them successfully do it independently of me when it's me and 4 bots. Happens on every difficulty level.
    Solution: The calculations the bots are doing to determine whether they can/should do Roshan should recalculate more slowly when they're actually in the Rosh pit- they should have at least enough inertia to act like a real human team does, either deciding to flee or deciding to push ahead with it, but not taking free hits from him while doing nothing.

2) There doesn't seem to be a way to ping bots to convince them to go Rosh with you. Either they want to or they don't. In some cases this is actually extremely frustrating- in one game, the bots decided they were doing Roshan, started doing the shuffle in his pit, and then by the time I arrived to help they had given up and no amount of furious pinging would convince them otherwise.
    Solution: Give Roshan a 'ping hotspot' similar to the one available for the towers and raxes. Give some weight to this ping hotspot so that bots will come if the player spams pings on it.

Basic Member
    im still getting the bots just bunched up above the pit, an them saying doin roshan.