Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: bots vs roshan issues summary

Basic Member

bots vs roshan issues summary

1). Bots steal aegis. Reported number of times...
    2). Bots always want to help you in killing Roshan. No matter what game situation it is or what hero you are playing...
    3). It seems, cheese/aegis don't change bots' strategy. Someone got aegis? Better go kill some creeps.
    4). Bots don't cast any spells on Roshan.
    Sorry for my bad English.

Basic Member
    Another one:
    5). Bots attack Roshan with illusions.

Basic Member
    if you played cheats and lvlup to 25, and walk nearby roshan, they would assume you would engange roshan and keep saying: Doing Roshan

Quote Originally Posted by noobfc View Post
    if you played cheats and lvlup to 25, and walk nearby roshan, they would assume you would engange roshan and keep saying: Doing Roshan
    Bots will go to kill Roshan as soon as one of your team is judged to be sufficiently powerful. Using cheats triggers this in silly situations.

Basic Member
    when roshan is warded, and we can see the enemy team engaging roshan, I use to ping it to tell my teammates that we need to make their task more difficult, but they (bots) go one by one to roshan, apparently not being aware that the whole enemy team is there, they should wait their team in this case.

Already mentioned most of those points in my previous thread. But no one replied....
    anyway, confirmed, +1.
    addendum: It's annoying when I'm Ursa/Lycan/farmed carry who wants to go rosh solo and my braindead bots are coming to steal the XP although they're doing NOTHING! Like...srsly..they get hit by roshan ONCE and go back in the hope that someone else will tank for them. So everyone is doing that and they're like just tanking roshan for 2 minutes doing ANY damage.

Basic Member
    As Warlord 7 said, a big issue is that they're afraid to tank Roshan and end up shuffling back and forth. I understand that squishy underfarmed CM doesn't want to tank Roshan but a farmed Sven shouldn't be scared to take a few hits.
    That together with #2 is the biggest issue. (Obviously #1 is an issue also but it's an easy bug fix anyhow)

Valve Developer
    Adjusting their Roshan logic is on the todo list. Both to fix the shuffling thing (they should all agree on who should be tanking at any given time), and to handle the case of wanting to jump the other team doing Rosh (currently they just know to go to Rosh as if no one was there).

Basic Member
    From changelog:
    - Fixed bug where bots might still pick up Aegis/Rapier immediately upon them dropping rather than waiting a couple seconds for humans to have a shot at them.

But, yet again, they are still stealing aegis... Just played a game, killed roshan 2 times with sf, both time sven insta-picked aegis.

Valve Developer
    On the Test build? What were the heroes, and were you playing with all bots?