Thread: [Bane] Fiend's Grip sound too short for talent duration (included fixed sound files)

[Bane] Fiend's Grip sound too short for talent duration (included fixed sound files)

There are several issues with the sounds of Fiend's Grip

1. There are clicking sounds in fiend's_grip_target, at the beginning and at the end. Both are very easy to repair
    2. The caster sound is too short for the talent duration. It was not extended.
    3. The target sound was extended, but it wrongly includes the caster sound on its extended part.

Fiend's grip's sounds are easy to loop, so why wasnt that done instead? Here are looped versions of the cast and target sounds

fiend's_grip_cast.wav
    fiend's_grip_target.wav
    (right-click the player and save sound to download them)

I first made the sound play a second time, 5 seconds into the first sound, so there is a smooth transition, then cut the last second of the result off, and then looped the last 5 seconds of the result.

The last 5 seconds of both sounds are looping.

Here is a comparison between the current sounds and the fixed sounds.

PS: I noticed that Dota 2 currently ignores loop ends. If your loop ends somewher in the middle of the sound, Dota will loop from loop start to sound end, instead of from loop start to loop end.
    Please, just call me buny.

Bringing this back up.

Now that the duration can be very different at any time, the sound SHOULD be looped properly. The sound files I included in OP work fine with any duration.

Last edited by bu3ny; 11-21-2018 at 07:15 AM.
    Please, just call me buny.