Thread: DotA's visuals are "washed out," but Windows 10 looks fine.

Angry DotA's visuals are "washed out," but Windows 10 looks fine.

DotA 2's "Dynamic Range" is messed up for me, everything in the game looks way too bright, and washed out. I've had this issue for a few years now. ...My drivers are all up to date.

The only thing I haven't done is delete DotA 2 and reinstall it; I've had it installed since December 2011, so maybe some old files are messed up?

How do I change the game's Dynamic Range, like can be done in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive? My only solution now is to force Exclusive Fullscreen, and lower the brightness a lot, and I hate it.
    Last edited by Acid Snow; 03-04-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snow View Post
    DotA 2's "Dynamic Range" is messed up for me, everything in the game looks way too bright, and washed out. I've had this issue for a few years now. ...My drivers are all up to date.

The only thing I haven't done is delete DotA 2 and reinstall it; I've had it installed since December 2011, so maybe some old files are messed up?

How do I change the game's Dynamic Range, like can be done in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive? My only solution now is to force Exclusive Fullscreen, and lower the brightness a lot, and I hate it.
    I use reshade 3.0 (sweetfx 2.0) with a very slight hdr and lumisharpen. Also keep the game in exclusive fullscreen and see if your graphics driver software has any contrast settings associated with that. NOTE: i also run the game in dx9 with exclusive fullscreen and it works great but i'm not sure about dx11/gl/vulkan etc