Thread: Things which Dota Plus is still missing

Things which Dota Plus is still missing

Imo, Valve should consider removing Low Priority Queue and Bans for $. Why? because players already pay for it to 3rd sites, they either pay to get easy LPQ wins or buy new accounts to dodge the bans. In that case why not sell it in the first place? If Valve sell such options, there will be less account boosters and sellers + Valve will get more $ that are now going to those 3rd party users. Then Valve can use those money to improve the game even more or even add those money to tournament prizes.
    Read this if you want to know why so many games is very one sided: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post436467

Basic Member
    It would just make things worse. If there are "mommy's and daddy's kids" that throw around money they would continuously make the game unplayable for the rest of us because mommy's and daddy's credit card will get them off the hook.
    Such players will hardly learn anything other than "money solves everything" while games will become unplayable. It's a terrible idea, sorry. There are no pros. Valve doesn't need $ from toxic players. There is a reason people asked for harsher punishments than just LPQ and Valve added 6 month bans. If Valve "forgives" players for money it will simply drive every player away. The current workshop system is more than enough to grant the money Valve needs to keep the game F2P and even added Dota+ which might help players improve and maybe care about the game.

Personally it's bad enough I have trashtalkers, racists and intentional feeders ruining some games, but reports don't kick in right away. It's frustrating to know I report these obvious toxic players and get MAYBE 1 "action has been taken" pop-up. Imagine how "happy" I would be knowing even that "action has been taken" would just have another pop-up saying "... however we let him off the hook cos mommy paid for his ban removal".

Sorry but I can really see no actual player asking for this unless they had constant LPQ previously or now have the 6 month ban.

And vice-versa, no player in their right mind would agree to playing with toxic players that would just spam "STFU b***h I paid for it, it's my right to do what I want" or "report me until you get bored, I got money - my ban will be removed in 5 minutes".
    I get enough "report me, I have 20+ more accounts noob" from these guys... I don't need another headache from paying toxics.

Yes, it's my opinion, but I am pretty sure at least 75% of the players will agree with me.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Basic Member
    Bad idea. Overwatch bans players who own the game, requiring them to buy a new copy on a new account if they want to rejoin. I believe that decentivizing bad behavior with strict punishments is the ideal way to prevent it (or keep out those repeat offenders who will never change).

Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    It would just make things worse. If there are "mommy's and daddy's kids" that throw around money they would continuously make the game unplayable for the rest of us because mommy's and daddy's credit card will get them off the hook.
    Such players will hardly learn anything other than "money solves everything" while games will become unplayable. It's a terrible idea, sorry. There are no pros. Valve doesn't need $ from toxic players. There is a reason people asked for harsher punishments than just LPQ and Valve added 6 month bans. If Valve "forgives" players for money it will simply drive every player away. The current workshop system is more than enough to grant the money Valve needs to keep the game F2P and even added Dota+ which might help players improve and maybe care about the game.

Personally it's bad enough I have trashtalkers, racists and intentional feeders ruining some games, but reports don't kick in right away. It's frustrating to know I report these obvious toxic players and get MAYBE 1 "action has been taken" pop-up. Imagine how "happy" I would be knowing even that "action has been taken" would just have another pop-up saying "... however we let him off the hook cos mommy paid for his ban removal".

Sorry but I can really see no actual player asking for this unless they had constant LPQ previously or now have the 6 month ban.

And vice-versa, no player in their right mind would agree to playing with toxic players that would just spam "STFU b***h I paid for it, it's my right to do what I want" or "report me until you get bored, I got money - my ban will be removed in 5 minutes".
    I get enough "report me, I have 20+ more accounts noob" from these guys... I don't need another headache from paying toxics.

Yes, it's my opinion, but I am pretty sure at least 75% of the players will agree with me.
    I think you didnt understand my point. Bans are useless, because players buy new accounts. The only difference is that Valve would get more money instead of account sellers. Btw, you can easily deal with toxic player by muting them in the scoreboard menu.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBunny View Post
    Bad idea. Overwatch bans players who own the game, requiring them to buy a new copy on a new account if they want to rejoin. I believe that decentivizing bad behavior with strict punishments is the ideal way to prevent it (or keep out those repeat offenders who will never change).

Yes, but OW cost like 40$ while Dota 2 is F2P, well new account + sim card is around 15-20$ (unless you want some high mmr account). I fail to see how bans are preventing players from buying new accounts or boosting services. Toxic players will always be in Dota until players learn to mute them. As for trolls and intentional feeders, im afraid not much can be done, but they will always lose more games than those who play seriously every game.

If you think logically about my suggestion you will realize that banning doesnt stop those trolls from buying new accounts and if they're going to buy new account anyway, why not make Valve earn more $ from it and use it to improve the game, servers, tournaments, etc? If you think about it even more, you will realize that banning indirectly raises money for accounts sellers and boosters because there's higher demand due to bans.
    Read this if you want to know why so many games is very one sided: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post436467