Thread: Inscribed Gems to Relics? Don't want to lose hundreds of gems and progress!

Basic Member

Lightbulb Inscribed Gems to Relics? Don't want to lose hundreds of gems and progress!

Will it be possible to transform inscribed gems into relics? I have dozens of gems with many on high counts (2000+ kills and stuff like this).
    Also it feels a bit greedy if you expect people like me to pay shards for the counters we already own. I must know if I should save the shards and wait for an update allowing to transform the inscribed gems.
    Starting over with the relics like kill counts also sucks..
    I mean i spent alot of money for all the inscribed gems and now they gonna be useless???
    I have some suggestions to handle a few problems that can occur on a approaching the implementation:

- Allow to extract gems for free (no hammer needed); the extracted gems will be untradable
    - Give gems an option to be added(consumed) to a matching hero having the gem-specific relic
    - If the relic was already bought from shards, update the count (relic state + gem state) and return the shards (relic cost)
    - If the relic does not exist on the target hero, simply add it to the hero and update the counter

I know you dota devs do not answer often here... I really need to know if something like this will be possible, so I don't have to "waste" my shards on my favourite heroes which already have plenty of gems.
    I would be really upset, if I spent all the money on incribed gems for nothing now.
    Please answer

Basic Member
    Since the relics seem to be in fact the same data-objects (socketed gems have the new relic images and "blade fury dmg gem" shows ingame progress as relics do) as the gems before, I hope it will not take too much time to find a solution for the conversion.
    I would be really upset, if you want to get extra money for the conversion. I already payed for it and it's basicly the same functionality.
    Please ask your community manager to give us an update if something like this is in development. I have alot of inscribed gems (for example ~3500 kills on pugna) which I'd like to convert into relics.

Maybe a quicker implementation for now would be:
    - add a rightclick-menu-entry to inscribed items "Convert gems to Relics"
    - "Do you really want to convert the gems? Gem A, B and C will be destroyed and the relic A, B and C will be added to [hero]. All counts will be migrated."
    - give Shards to the player if the relic already exists on the hero (10.000 for gold, 800 for others)
    Last edited by Cabble; 03-20-2018 at 02:34 AM.