Thread: WHEN!!!!!! Will this game finally allow me to choose heroes in a botmatch + console

Basic Member

WHEN!!!!!! Will this game finally allow me to choose heroes in a botmatch + console

Guys,

This game has been around for years, yet I can't simulate a captain's mode botmatch. I understand that the AI doesn't support all bots, but how hard is it to make it so that I can choose the heroes which are supported???
    The way it is now, I have to choose my hero and wait for the AI to automatically choose the enemies and allies, if I don't like it.. I can only restart the whole process again. Which is... BAD.

I just played a very hard match against an enemy consisting of almost only carries, the chances of getting that kind of enemy lineup again are near impossible. It's this I wish to practice. This is the enemy I want to play against.. yet it's not possible.

Console commands: invulnerability mode
    Every game, even the game from which dota originated, has a so-called god mode.
    However I personally wouldn't want a 1-hit kill + invulnerable mode combined, but 2 separate commands for each.

and FFS what's up with these forumsettings, getting logged out after a few minutes.
    Last edited by SUP198; 05-11-2018 at 03:05 PM. Reason: nazi forum settings

Basic Member
    hi.
    you can make bots with captain mode enabled yourself.
    i have my own.
    there is a "draft bot" script that has been uploaded that gives you that ability (very basic script though)
    or EXP bots also has captains mode and are a very comprehensive script.

setting the enemy bots is a bit harder, but can be done within all pick by using a hero_selection.lua that you can make.

look into scripting, this is what this forum section is about.
    Last edited by Yavimaya; 05-11-2018 at 03:51 PM.