Thread: Client always crash/not responding/auto close after Dota 2 logo screen !

Client always crash/not responding/auto close after Dota 2 logo screen !

Dear Dev,
    Please help, I unable play Dota 2 because everytime I launch the game and it will crash / not responding / auto close after the logo screen.
    When I Fresh install steam, I can reach the game menu. When I quit the game , or changing video setting ( Disable Anti Aliasing, Enable V-Sync, Change to FullScreen mode, etc) cursor became bigger. And after that,
    Everytime I launch the game, it will keep failing.
    Here my Notebook Specifications :
    Processor : Intel i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
    RAM : 16 GB ( 15,9 GB usable )
    GPU 1 : Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M
    GPU 2 : Intel(R) HD Graphic Family

Here my dumps file , http://www.mediafire.com/file/keppu9qcwomf987/dumps.zip

Basic Member
    same problem with me man. still no answers so far.

what I'd done these past few days always reinstall everything if I want to play Dota 2. if there's a new update I'll create a new backup file so that I don't have to redownload the game files.

Basic Member
    Usually starting Dota 2 for the first time of the day results in the game hanging up while showing the logo screen. I have to manually kill the Dota process and start again.

This bug is really annoying and not just specific to my setup: Every Dota player I personally know has this bug. Valve, please fix this!

Guys, please post more reports of this bug in this thread to show Valve that this has to be prioritized.
    Last edited by crn; 06-10-2018 at 05:11 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crn View Post
    Usually starting Dota 2 for the first time of the day results in the game hanging up while showing the logo screen. I have to manually kill the Dota process and start again.

This bug is really annoying and not just specific to my setup: Every Dota player I personally know has this bug. Valve, please fix this!

Guys, please post more reports of this bug in this thread to show Valve that this has to be prioritized.
    I have the same issue - none of my friends do. Can you list your speccs and GPU driver version?

Tip: stop touching your mouse and keyboard until Dota 2 menu has loaded.

If you alt-tab at the dota logo chances are you're going to cause it to hang, specially if running under Exclusive fullscreen video mode.
    Borderless window is usually better in this regard.

Basic Member
    Today Dota loaded the first time without problems... did they fix it? Going to observe...