Thread: Please any Help! Access Violation - The thread tried to read from or write to a virtu

Basic Member

Unhappy Please any Help! Access Violation - The thread tried to read from or write to a virtu

This issue happened 3 days ago. The dota launcher run normally until splash screen is over, dota launcher suddenly exit, no error message, just generate new dump file.

For 3 days, I searching for the problem, I did all suggestion in every forum yet none of them is fix this issue. What i've done:
    1. Re insttall Dota 2
    2. Turn off every antivirus
    3. Set all suggested game launch option
    4. Re install Steam
    5. Re install Windows
    6. Turn off steam overlay in game
    7. Re install DirectX
    8. Rollback grahic driver

and none of them is work. I've read it is likely RAM Fault, but if it is RAM Faulty, the other game is affected too right?(in this case, only dota 2 is crashing)

Strangely, Dota Launcher not crashing on the first run. If i uninstall steam, and restore dota 2. I launch it, First setup... and it is working normally. After i close it, the launcher begin to crash when I launch the launcher.

Please help me, Steam support not even help me(I've contacted steam support and they said can't help me)

Dump File(if you need it) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LFo...ew?usp=sharing

I'll appreciate any help. Thank you

Same here man.. read my post too.. https://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=287377 , and many other got same problem.. No matter how much you spent money for Dota 2, they argued its just " Free To Play ".

And make us so hard to contact dev, Steam Support will not help too.. They just want our money, not our gaming satisfaction..

Basic Member
    everytime you close dota 2 MAKE SURE THAT YOU EXIT STEAM AND IT'S NOT ON PROCESS ON TASK MANAGER.

and after that if you want to play more restart your computer/laptop 1st before opening steam again.

that's how mine works. same problem with you