Thread: Can Valve add some good feature for battlepass who finished cavern crawl ?

Basic Member

Can Valve add some good feature for battlepass who finished cavern crawl ?

Hello evryone yesterday 24.May i finish all mission's cavern crawl, and now i am 48 level and i dont know how to increase my level just wager is not enough, and i dont have will to play more is boring.I ask for Valve to add something who play more dota hi get battlepass points. I am sorry for my bad English

https://imgur.com/a/zj1Ppy9

7500 Plattekloof South African, Cape Town
    the underhollow is meant to reward you with a few levels per successful win so when that is released you should be able to fly to the top :!

7500 Plattekloof South African, Cape Town
    oh, and you're meant to predict on professional games,
    Play your daily hero,
    Do your weekly challenge,
    Tip good players in the games you play,
    Bet your points with the games you play to win double back
    Use your tokens.
    Hmmm >>. thinking :?
    Just keep playing;

Basic Member
    Man... this year's battlepass is big trash. I can't believe they did this after such an amazing one of last year.

Bads:

. Underhollow is second worse of all the events they have brought in its history (the worst was Beast Brawl of 2015.) It's not just boring, it's full of bugs as well. People play it only for the weekly battle points it can provide. Once it is done, they don't touch the game until next week.

. Mutation games were played at start of battle pass only for for finishing the achievement bonus. However, the game is broken, mostly boring, and doesn't provide any incentive to keep playing it. Very few people are playing it currently.

. Cavern Crawl - most of us finished this half way into the battle pass time period. It's too easy as all we had to do was play a hero. And once we had opened many tracks, we had a selection of 10+ heroes that we could choose to go forward in any track. After all, we would be doing 'All' cavern heroes anyways. It was even worse than 'Daily Hero' challenge in which we had to play specific hero in 24 hours deadline. Not fun at all. The bonuses provided are good, but not great either.

. Tipping system is improved and much more useful compared to last year. However, the mechanics is not working as it was planned. Instead of people choosing to tip someone for 'well played', they're just 'swapping tips' at the start of the game. It has only become a method of generating additional battle points than imposing any fun in the game.

. Wagering system is similar to last year, with main difference being that the tribute tokens have been nerfed big time. We used to get lot more and better golden tokens at earlier levels.

. Pro Circuit Prediction is a nice addition. But with no more pro circuit matches going on at the moment, nothing is available at all. So it's more or less like the prediction of other types into the game now, and would only be useful during the actual TI8.

. Change of prize pool related bonus from prediction to fixed quantity is good for generating more battle points, but it has removed the fun of predicting at all. It could have been made like 10000 points for exceeding certain threshold, and 10000 points for predicting certain quantum (and the available range of option could be made till 50 million.)

. Silt Break was such a great event. Everyone loved it. They could have simply made episode 3, in addition to underhollow. I know it requires developer's team to make these and server resources to launch these. But after all, Battle Pass is not free to play. So they could surely put some efforts in providing a fun experience to people paying them their precious money.

. I never understood why last year they blocked immortals selling in marketplace for 1 and half year. What's wrong with doing that? We didn't get those immortals for free. We paid for battle pass and levels (or worked up on gaining levels, which requires time and efforts.) What's wrong if we could cover up some of our expenditures? After all, valve made their desired profit from our paid money. Never understood what kind of strategy is that when a company doesn't want its customer to cover up some of its expenditures. If we could retrieve some money from the market, we could surely spend more money on the game. But they did it last year, and this year as well. Bad business strategy indeed. I know the total spending on battle pass is increasing constantly, but there are other factors they're completely ignoring (like more people are joining to play dota 2 overall, and more people are getting the options of topping up their stream accounts with real money.) And I believe if they had kept it open like it was in 2016, they would be generating lot more money than currently. Anyways, their business, their strategy. It's not for something I would stop playing the game or buying battle pass. But i'm not much inclined towards spending more as I used to be in the past.

. And lastly, the removal of battle cup from battle pass only to favor dota plus is very demotivating. Personally, I rarely played dota cup matches (as I had job on Saturdays) but I believe they should have kept this same as previous year. If you push people more and more towards paying you more money, then eventually you lose their loyalty completely. I can name number of games that once were dominating the gaming industry, but later they vanished of the screen completely. The main factor behind failure of most of them was same... GREED!

Good:
    . So far the only good thing I found is 'Ranked Roles'. At low tiers it is very common for people to go 'all carries' teams or more supports than required. People also fight for going mid, and many times ruin the game this way. But honestly, I think this should be made a permanent game mechanism, instead of just an option of battle pass. Dota 2 is a team game, and if we're playing solo based on our roles defined already, it improves the gameplay greatly. As the option would be available to both teams, the game would be lot more fun. Note that still team making would be advantageous if played with party members, as in addition to defining roles, we can make better combos, and we always know which of our players have which strengths.

I know I sound like a whinner, but it's a fact that this year's battle pass has been very boring for me. I have been buying every compendium battle pass since I started playing dota 2 in 2015. The idea was always to 'enjoy' the different scenarios and different challenges, etc. That's why I always bought battle pass very first day without even checking what it was offering. However, this one have disappointed me greatly. Currently I have the feeling that this might be my last battle pass. Next year I will check and study what that battle pass would be offering, and if it would similar to this one, I might not be buying that. Sad, but this is how it is. I don't know about others, but at least they lost 1 customer's loyalty.
    Last edited by zameghani; 07-20-2018 at 02:33 AM.