Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Commendation abuse.

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Commendation abuse.

Shortly after so-called "like" system was introduced, it's being abused (mostly by russians). Chats are flooded with "LIKE EXCHANGE - I GIVE U 4 U GIVE ME 4" etc. Which makes these absolutely worthless now. I suggest wiping all the likes and making it possible to only "like" in-game or post-game (probably similar to SW:ToR battlegrounds interface - not sure how is it there now though since i've quit), because it would make more sense.

Besides, "likes" themselves are somewhat raw and clumsy. There's no option to commend player for being skilled, e.g. I liked somebody's playstyle (a carry which really carried the game, a support which really made the match easier to play for my team etc.), but I didn't learn anything from them (neither teaching nor leading) and he/she never spoke a word (neither friendly nor forgiving). I suggest merging "Friendly" and "Forgiving" into one "like" as like merging "Teaching" and "Leadership" into single "like" also, while creating some additional commendations like "Skilled/Experienced" and probably some others (haven't come up with idea for other commendations, post your suggestions!).

Excuse me if my english is bad, not a native speaker. Comment and discuss, peace!

Basic Member
    +1

The community would greatly benefit from an honest review of a player. To that end, I suggest that when the game ends and the score screen comes up, have the commendation section appear below it too so it lists all the players. This provides a very easy and convenient way to rate the players right after the way, and more people will actually do it.

Basic Member
    That russians really annoy in chat.
    +1 for idea.
    In my mind it should look like this:
    You play game and you can commend in middle and late game (after 20 min) and after a match for 3 hours (or 1 day).

Basic Member
    +1, I can't count the number of commendations being traded in the chat rooms

Quote Originally Posted by fusionist View Post
    To that end, I suggest that when the game ends and the score screen comes up, have the commendation section appear below it too so it lists all the players.
    This!

for me it would be enough to have only "+" and "-" to add to the player after the game
    what we have now is like ski service on sahara

Basic Member
    Would you really end a match and commend the player 15 hours later?

The cutoff for when you can commend should be during the match and at the scoreboard. After that, thats it.

Also, one commend per player from player.

This will prevent friends from spamming commends every day to each other.

You should only be able to commend someone you have played with, and you can commend during game and at the scoreboard. Valve needs to bring the commending more to the forefront. There should be a commend dialogue after scoreboard is shown to remind players to do it, because currently very few people know that commending exists, and fewer still actually do it.

In summary:

>You can only ever commend a player during the game or at the scoreboard.
    >You can only commend that person once for each category. 1 commend per game, so to commend someone a maximum of 4 times you would need to play 4 games with that person. You cannot commend one person 10 times - that would be like voting 10 times in an election. You can commend any player a MAXIMUM of 4 times, and to do so you will need to play 4 games with that person.
    >There should be the same limit for reporting a player. You can only report a person you have played with during game or at scoreboard.
    >You can only report a person one time per game. If you get matched with that player again, you can obviously report again.

With this system, commendations and reports will actually bear some meaning and can be referenced with more confidence. This also means the total number of reports and commendations will drop, which ultimately means each report and commendation can be regarded as carrying more weight.

Basic Member
    Commendation trading is stupid. Sad that it exists, and it makes a well meaning system, meaningless and actually counter-productive. Seeing someone with a ton of commendations often means that they were commendation trading and thus should be avoided... the opposite of what it should be.

I think it should be a simple +/- , like or dislike system that you can only do after playing with someone. Would be simpler, but would not solve the issue. People would still ask everyone to "like" them after the game in exchange for likes. Sad that this community is so immature with these systems. This is why we can't have nice things.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanez View Post
    Commendation trading is stupid. Sad that it exists, and it makes a well meaning system, meaningless and actually counter-productive. Seeing someone with a ton of commendations often means that they were commendation trading and thus should be avoided... the opposite of what it should be.

I think it should be a simple +/- , like or dislike system that you can only do after playing with someone. Would be simpler, but would not solve the issue. People would still ask everyone to "like" them after the game in exchange for likes. Sad that this community is so immature with these systems. This is why we can't have nice things.
    Read my possible solution above.

Basic Member
    Narrowing commendation/reporting count only to 4 or something like that is kinda broken idea. What if you play game with the same guy more than 4 times, and every time he is kind/supportive/teaching etc. Or he tell you what u did wrong in the game so u can progress after game on chat or somethign. Also, some guys should be reported not in-game - for example spamming on chat, insulting etc. There are many different cases where ppl should get commendations/reports and as majority of them happen in game, there are still cases not during a match or something. But still, i think like you, some additional button for comm/report on the scoreboard to remind you that you can do it would be nice.

Another thing i though about myself and firstly find it excellent, but then changed my mind is changing "teaching/leadershipping" to "skilled" or "experienced" - that's what player lvl is probably about, ang MM system in general. I know it might not seem to be working like it right now, as we don't get any exp or lvl due to winning, but i think it will when the game will be officialy released (or maybe in some patch in beta) If guy is experienced and playing nicely, he will get his exp, lvl or whatever. Idea behind Commendation/Reporting is in my opinion made to somehow help and develop community. If a guy is skilled or not it doesn't matter for the community - it's MM part to match him with equal guys. I see Comm/Reports as a tool to punish bad guys and promote good attitude to other players etc.