Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: DotA1 imparities

"Luna's Moon Glaives can now be combined with Orbeffects such as Desolator"

So they work on the bounces or just the main target? Asking because it makes a significant gameplay difference for her on whether she lifesteals from only one target or all bounced to, or get EoS and slows only one target as opposed to all bounce targets.

"Time for a little brain drain."

Quote Originally Posted by darkseraphim View Post
    "Luna's Moon Glaives can now be combined with Orbeffects such as Desolator"

So they work on the bounces or just the main target? Asking because it makes a significant gameplay difference for her on whether she lifesteals from only one target or all bounced to, or get EoS and slows only one target as opposed to all bounce targets.
    The glaives simply bugged when you bought certain items like Desolator, Luna was still able to use lifesteal items in Dota 1.

All buff placers and orb effects only apply to the main target, including lifesteal.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    The glaives simply bugged when you bought certain items like Desolator, Luna was still able to use lifesteal items in Dota 1.

All buff placers and orb effects only apply to the main target, including lifesteal.
    Thank you for confirming. Yes, I am aware that it was bugged in DotA. My reason for asking is simply because it would be total bullsh*t on Luna if the orbs procced on bounces. I can't begin to imagine bouncing Corrupted bolts and Frost Attacks.

"Time for a little brain drain."

Volunteer Moderator
    ^The worst would be mjollnir :P 6 chances to trigger lightning? Yes please.

Volunteer Moderator
    Blash, I would recommend changing your spectre dagger intended change to http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=459 as it's both older and core tester verified :P

Volunteer Moderator
    Add Familiars not being affected by cleave? http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=72559

Maybe you should add this quote to op.

Quote Originally Posted by IceFrog View Post
    Nothing is set in stone, if there are things we confirm as intended for whatever reason, you guys are still free to debate the pros and cons.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    perfect, thanks for digging it out.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Edit - NVM, Diffusal doesn't stack with Skadi in WC3 Dota. Carry on >.>.

Regarding Psi Blade and items, there is a way to detect the damage that comes from a spell or physical attack (there are damage detection systems that do this which are publicly available - usually it involves spell damage being completely triggered instead of being based on WC3 default stuff but it doesn't have to be done this way, there are other ways to detect whether damage came from a spell or attack too).

In terms of more simpler ways (making so damage detecting triggers know when to activate or not, without using triggered damage systems), you can mark a unit when a spell is cast (using an aura with a custom buff, as aura buffs can stack as long as buffs are different) if a spell is cast, make it so the trigger/script (if psi blade is triggered) does not go through if a unit is marked. The buff can be removed immediately 0.1 second (or less) after the spell is cast (for example).

(Alternatively instead of marking the enemy, the caster can be marked with a buff which can be used as a way to check whether this damaging effect, in this case psi blade, goes through or not.) (I'm not sure if Psi Blade is triggered in WC3 Dota or based on the Glaive Thrower ability. If it's the latter, simply remove the ability [but make sure the Psi Blade skill is a dummy ability, so the icon stays on the unit; the real one can be placed in a disabled spell book so it is hidden], then readd it real quick before the spell gets cast. If it's the latter, just make the script check if the buff is on or not before the trigger goes through.)

Another way is to make item damaging effects (like dagon, purge, etc) can all be triggered (like how Icefrog made Sange from an orb effect to a trigger/script effect so it stacks with all orbs), so damage taken from triggers can detect whether the damage came from an attack or (in this case, triggered spell). (Finally a third way which is simple, in the case of just detecting if a hero used an item damaging effect like from Dagon, for example, is to disable the

Edit - I added more examples (these are oversimplified to an extent but the example does show the concept). There are a lot of WC3 limitations but detecting whether a damage came from an attack or a spell is doable in WC3.

I only mention this because of the person who said that there was no way to detect whether damage came from attack or spell in warcraft 3 (there are a lot of ways to do this in WC3 as noted above, these are just small examples and some of them Icefrog has already done).

Edit 2 - As for whether it being intended or not in WC3 Dota means it should come to Dota 2? Yeah purge summon damage and dagon spill seems a bit imbalanced, so I agree with not bringing it over to Dota 2 >.>. (I just wanted to comment on the ways to detect whether damage came from a spell or an attack in WC3 >.>.)
    Last edited by Goldfish2; 04-03-2013 at 11:13 PM.

Basic Member
    ^? according playdota: Only Feedback will work if the target unit can be affected by Feedback (Maximum Mana > 0 and not magic immune), else the other ability works normally.