Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 158

Thread: DotA1 imparities

  1. #131
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,187
    Quote Originally Posted by daed View Post
    Lazy devs are lazy.

    Ancient backdoor protection was a bug in Dota 1 now.

    Isn't it great they fixed it?

    Wonder what other major features about dota they'll change just because it's more convenient for them.
    first of all, you are almost over a week too late to bring any news.

    and more importantly: is it really that hard to understand that changing the backdoor protection was a balance change?
    do we need to post those useless and irritating whines?
    backdoor protection was changed in wc3 dota? fine! life goes on!
    if you dont like it post on playdota.com because that is a balance discussion.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

    Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

  2. #132
    Basic Member Crowfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,320
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    first of all, you are almost over a week too late to bring any news.

    and more importantly: is it really that hard to understand that changing the backdoor protection was a balance change?
    do we need to post those useless and irritating whines?
    backdoor protection was changed in wc3 dota? fine! life goes on!
    if you dont like it post on playdota.com because that is a balance discussion.
    Doesn't really affect balance at all though since you can disable by taking over an Enemy Minion(creep) using helm then Tp onto it at their base and proceed to BD unopposed.

    I would have to agree it is just Dev laziness/ Personal bias by some devs.

    A lot of these non confirmed "intended changes" seem just like bugs where there is a discussion due to personal bias.

    Nice list though ^^ Lots of heated debates.
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 07-09-2013 at 04:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

  3. #133
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Doesn't really affect balance at all though since you can disable by taking over an Enemy Minion(creep) using helm then Tp onto it at their base and proceed to BD unopposed.
    i think, he was talking about glyph. glyph doesnt get affected by creeps.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

    Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

  4. #134
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ukraine, Kharkiv
    Posts
    2

    Faceless Void's Time Walk

    When Void is trying to escape from Tower's shot by Time Walk:
    DotA: Void evades it
    DotA 2: It hit Void

  5. #135
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    635
    1) wrong place, make a thread for bug reports
    2) don't make a thread as this is false
    3) time walk does not disjoin projectiles in either dota 1 or dota 2. however he is invulnerable during time walking both games, so the projectile will deal no damage if it hits during timewalk

  6. #136
    Volunteer Moderator bu3ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    .-.
    Posts
    11,659
    Removed

    Pudge's Meathook + Chen's Holy Persuasion Combo (in contrast to old combos such as Wisp's Relocate + Meathook) added 30.05.2012

    Added

    Glyph of Fortification now blocks every damage by 100% instead of reducing it to ~0.5 damage. (discussion)
    Please, just call me buny.

  7. #137
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    Heal + Astral doesnt work anymore.
    In Dota, Harbringer could increase the healing time of a salve by using Astral Imprisonment on the hero. Thus increasing the heal by 40%
    And i think that Juggernauts healing ward doesnt heal hidden units in Dota 2.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dota 2 sounds and effects are much easier to distinguish.
    e.g.
    Ezalor casting illuminate has a channeling sound, which can be heard, even if Ezalor isnīt on your screen. (this clearly affects gameplay)
    Slarks essence shift animation, shows if you hit the real hero or just an illusion. (i think this wasnt the case in Dota)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A hero can leave the game for 5 minutes thus giving all his gold to his allies, then can reenter the game with 0 gold, which is some sort of gold share.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HP bars make it easier to calculate enemy HP, e.g. a 700 nuke kills a hero with 2 bars (500HP), which is an advantage for Axe and other nuker.

  8. #138
    Volunteer Moderator bu3ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    .-.
    Posts
    11,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Davanos View Post
    Heal + Astral doesnt work anymore.
    In Dota, Harbringer could increase the healing time of a salve by using Astral Imprisonment on the hero. Thus increasing the heal by 40%
    And i think that Juggernauts healing ward doesnt heal hidden units in Dota 2.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dota 2 sounds and effects are much easier to distinguish.
    e.g.
    Ezalor casting illuminate has a channeling sound, which can be heard, even if Ezalor isnīt on your screen. (this clearly affects gameplay)
    Slarks essence shift animation, shows if you hit the real hero or just an illusion. (i think this wasnt the case in Dota)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A hero can leave the game for 5 minutes thus giving all his gold to his allies, then can reenter the game with 0 gold, which is some sort of gold share.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HP bars make it easier to calculate enemy HP, e.g. a 700 nuke kills a hero with 2 bars (500HP), which is an advantage for Axe and other nuker.
    1st. This is connected with the pause function in DotA1 and goes for multiple spells, not just Astral Imprisonment. The pause function missing in Dota2 is known and in the bug list.

    2nd. Sounds and animations revealing too much gets fixed over the time. It's a slow process, but it's happening.

    3rd. That's how it is in DotA1 aswell, with the only difference that it doesn't need the -unlock command anymore.

    4th. Yes, that's an intended design. Not really needed to be stated in the list.
    Please, just call me buny.

  9. #139
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    1st. This is connected with the pause function in DotA1 and goes for multiple spells, not just Astral Imprisonment. The pause function missing in Dota2 is known and in the bug list.

    3rd. That's how it is in DotA1 aswell, with the only difference that it doesn't need the -unlock command anymore.
    The missing AI-exploit is a bug ? Then i hope they fix it in 2080.

    The difference on the 3rd is that in dota 1 you cant reconnect after that.
    In other words you share your gold with your carries, but you loose all your gold + 5 mins playtime.

  10. #140
    Volunteer Moderator bu3ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    .-.
    Posts
    11,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Davanos View Post
    The missing AI-exploit is a bug ? Then i hope they fix it in 2080.

    No, we don't know if it's intentionally kept out, or not, so can't tell if bug or not.
    Please, just call me buny.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •