Thread: Trove Carafe 2018 - Missing Autograph

Trove Carafe 2018 - Store Defaults to No Autograph

Recently purchased 5 Trove Carafe 2018 from the store. Did not get the Autographs that I selected!
    I'm guessing the store defaulted to the no autograph option after verifying the purchase.

Steps to reproduce:
    - Go to Dota 2 Store
    - Treasure Spotlight Trove Carafe 2018
    - Autograph Dropdown: Kaci Aitchison
    - Changed Quantity to 5
    - Purchase
    - Steam Purchase Overlay + Paypal + Confirmation
    - Received 5 Trove Carafes 2018 (No indicator of Autograph)
    - Tried opening but none of the items are autographed

I have linked the Steam Support Page I submitted earlier, I hope you can help me out!
    https://help.steampowered.com/en/wiz...58H7-VXTK-RFMP
    Last edited by bluerebel; 08-26-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Hey I'm just looking to get this autograph before they disappear from the store, would it be possible to take out the autograph if I buy a new Autographed Trove and apply it to the old items I purchased?

Was given a confirmation on steam support that what I purchased was 5 Regular Trove Carafe 2018's. This was not my intention and I am afraid of making any further purchases when the trove would simply revert to the regular versions after selecting the autograph I want. Is there any way for me to purchase this properly?

Please help me out with this.
    Spoiler: 

Hello.

I apologize for the delay.

Totally understand your confusion.

I have checked your account and I see that you purchased five regular Trove Carafe treasures on 2018-08-24.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know 0 we will be happy to help.

Thanks for using Steam,
    Abdulla

I believe this to be a bug with the store interface, I'm terrified that any further attempts for me to purchase the Trove Carafe 2018 with Kaci Aitchison's signature would simply revert to the regular Trove Carafe 2018. I am not interested in the tresures inside the trove, I am interested in the personality's signature. I do not want to continue purchasing this treasure because the reason for my initial purchase is to acquire the signature from the personality I selected.

It would be lovely if I could get help with this.

I've decided to purchase the Autographs for cheap off the Steam Market. It's a real shame that it's this difficult to support the personality I want to. I understand that proceeds of troves with the personality's autographs go directly to them. I hope this gets sorted out in the future but this is going to have to be something for me to turn away from for now. Cheers Valve

Linking this again: https://help.steampowered.com/en/wiz...58H7-VXTK-RFMP

I've had an unfortunately unpleasant encounter with Steam Support who keeps invalidating my concerns and reports that this was a bug with the purchase interface. They insist that I purchased the Generic Version of the Trove despite describing to them the steps I took in order to purchase the item with the Autograph modifier. It's a bit disappointing as I have been a yearly follower of The International but this unusual problem has left a sour experience. I had hoped to get help but with the event over, and the trove probably being discontinued, I fear this will never be resolved.

I have requested a refund for the items that I have purchased and for them to delete the items that I have received from the Troves despite having a huge attachment to the Rare Windranger item that I received. I doubt they will grant my request.

Either way, Cheers.

Steam support won't refund because they only refund purchased items within 2 days. It took them 3 days to respond to my initial support request.