Thread: Why releasing a NEW HERO cannot be in UNRANKED ONLY?

Why releasing a NEW HERO cannot be in UNRANKED ONLY FIRST?

Whenever you create or design a new hero, you should allow the new hero to be playable in unranked mode only!
    I don't see any point for it to be released for the use in ranked mode because it could affect some players' mmr or rankings in the game which is something they have work on.
    Same thing was applied to captain mode, each time a new hero was release, captain mode cannot has that new hero because it will affect tournament.

WHY DON'T PUT THE HERO IN UNRANKED MODE ONLY FIRST?
    BRAINLESS RELEASE!
    Last edited by Crystal Nova - lce; 08-25-2018 at 04:59 AM.
    [ SEA & Western English are different ~ please understand ]
    [ If I accidentally insulted or post harmful content, please do notify me or remove it ]
    -

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Nova - lce View Post
    Same thing was applied to captain mode, each time a new hero was release, captain mode cannot has that new hero because it will affect tournament.
    Well noticed.

The amount of people willing to play unranked is so incredibly low, though. People care very little about that mode and it's not going to change because MMR is important to them. Putting them in ranked is the best way to have it tested as much as possible.

You can always ban them though.
    Credits to Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by at35z View Post
    The amount of people willing to play unranked is so incredibly low, though. People care very little about that mode and it's not going to change because MMR is important to them. Putting them in ranked is the best way to have it tested as much as possible.

You can always ban them though.
    Ban doesn't mean will 100% ban anyway. So, putting in ranked still a bad idea.
    Who says people care very little about unranked is totally dumb! There are still a lot of people playing unranked compared to ranked. If you said people care very little about unranked, I believe you must be a player who "spam" ranked only for your whole life in Dota 2!
    [ If I accidentally insulted or post harmful content, please do notify me or remove it ]
    -

Anyway when you put this hero in ranked, aftter 20 days or 30 days of reaslie, all will pick him nonstop and ban. If faster this hero will be in game, then faster peoples will adapt for him and nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by BEST_ View Post
    Anyway when you put this hero in ranked, aftter 20 days or 30 days of reaslie, all will pick him nonstop and ban. If faster this hero will be in game, then faster peoples will adapt for him and nerf it.
    Better to let players who like to play in unranked to play the games by using or banning him, so that developer can know more flaws of him and know what to nerf and other serious players' mmr won't be affected much.
    -