Thread: Item_Mode_Generic

Basic Member

Item_Mode_Generic

So has anyone managed to find where in the client the default bot coding is?
    or even simply worked out what item mode actually does?
    the only time i see it used is when i have reloaded scripts too many times and they get stuck in item mode at a shop......

it seems to have a pickup script in it as when i run my drop script the bot just picks it back up again (but not always, just one certain one i am writing now).
    i ran a game with an empty item_mode_generic and i saw absolutely no difference with the mode disabled.

Basic Member
    No idea.... but probably tied to Dota Plus item recommendations (or role assignments)

Basic Member
    not sure about D2 Plus, but i did find the item recommendation file (valve guide file) and there was nothing regarding any sort of reference to other scripts or bot actions/ modes.
    its a shame chris doesnt exist anymore and valve havent put on another moderator / scripter.

Basic Member
    i guess its the mode of picking droped items from the ground(aegis,gem...) i remember when backpacks introduced to the game bots get stuck on
    BOT_MODE_ITEM on the roshan pit trying to pickup the aegis.

Basic Member
    yes, it does handle picking up (and maybe dropping) but it only does it for the default bots.
    for some reason we have all had to (i think) write new pickup scripts to get the bots we add to pickup items.
    i guess its the same way as default bots always used the courier, but our bots we have to write a new script for that.

TBH it makes no sense how some bots can use item mode for picking up and others cant, its just a mode and all bots should access it the same.

im just a bit worried about removing something i cant notice that is important or removing something i dont know how to script back in.