Thread: [Dark Willow] Shadow Realm not protecting against some spells it should protect from

[Dark Willow] Shadow Realm not protecting against some spells it should protect from

During Shadow Realm, every spell treats Dark Willow as if she is invisible.

Heat-Seeking Missile, Concussive Shot, Omnislash, Wrath of Nature and AoE Life Drain cannot target/jump on invisible units. But yet they do jump on Dark Willow in Shadow Realm.

They should not jump on units under Shadow Realm, as they are supposed to be treated as if invisible. These 5 spells are the only ones which do not behave properly here.

Note that Omnislash is even weirder here, as its slashes do no damage to her in Shadow Realm.

Last edited by bu3ny; 03-25-2018 at 10:26 AM.
    Please, just call me buny.

Heat-Seeking Missile, Concussive Shot, Wrath of Nature and Mana Drain seem to affect units you have shared vision over.

They should not affect units even whe having shared vision over them. Shared vision is not the same as true sight. You still cannot target invisible units you have shared vision over. They still count as invisible, you can only see their model.

For example, Spectral Dagger gives shared vision. Concussive Shot and Tinker's rocket do target invisible units affected by spectral dagger, but they get instantly disjointed. They do not hit the target.

Wrath of Nature and Mana Drain fully work against them.

And I have no idea what's going on with Omnislash. It does not target invisible units you have shared vision over, so the shared vision is not the reason why it can target DW during Shadow Realm.

Bug still present.

It looks like MODIFIER_STATE_UNSELECTABLE is responsible for the spell interactions here.

Wrath of Nature, Omnislash, Heat-Seeking Missile, Concussive Shot and Mana Drain currently ignore that state and can target unselectable units. They should not be able to do that.

Does not interrupt channeling spells upon cast.
    Shadow Realm disjoints projectiles upon cast.
    Due to the unselectability, almost every spell treats Dark Willow as if she is invisible. Spells which do not treat her as invisible are:
    Heat-Seeking Missile, Concussive Shot, Wrath of Nature, Omnislash and Mana Drain.
    Source: https://dota2.gamepedia.com/Dark_Willow
    [ SEA & Western English are different ~ please understand ]
    [ If I accidentally insulted or post harmful content, please do notify me or remove it ]
    -
    Dota 2 is a good and well-designed game but the developer is so stupid to allow those abusers alive without a stricter banning system.
    Really hopeless game after playing it for more than a decade.
    The International confirm will stop or shut down after a few years!

The wiki doesn't say how thinks are supposed to work, it says how they currently work. I added that line to the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    The wiki doesn't say how thinks are supposed to work, it says how they currently work. I added that line to the wiki.
    So, you mean "projectile" of spells are those that targeting? Non-targeting spells cannot be avoided by Shadow Realm?
    Targeting spells usually can be avoided by Shadow Realm?

The Chain Frost of Lich is something can target the DW in Shadow Realm form, am I right? How come it turns to be stopped when it tries to loop? I mean the Chain Frost projectile hit DW for the first hit and then stops looping for the second hit.
    [ If I accidentally insulted or post harmful content, please do notify me or remove it ]
    -
    Dota 2 is a good and well-designed game but the developer is so stupid to allow those abusers alive without a stricter banning system.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Nova - lce View Post
    The Chain Frost of Lich is something can target the DW in Shadow Realm form, am I right? How come it turns to be stopped when it tries to loop? I mean the Chain Frost projectile hit DW for the first hit and then stops looping for the second hit.
    Shadow realm is intended to prevent skills which require vision over dark willow.

It also disjoints all projectiles upon cast.
    Since chain frost is not disjointable, it will continue to hit her if it had already targeted her, however, it will not bounce to her again, because it requires vision over the heroes in order to hit them.

Bu3ny, I also think that shadow realm should constantly disjoint projectiles, not just upon cast. That would make it act more like invisibility, as it is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Renbo View Post
    Shadow realm is intended to prevent skills which require vision over dark willow.

It also disjoints all projectiles upon cast.
    Since chain frost is not disjointable, it will continue to hit her if it had already targeted her, however, it will not bounce to her again, because it requires vision over the heroes in order to hit them.

Bu3ny, I also think that shadow realm should constantly disjoint projectiles, not just upon cast. That would make it act more like invisibility, as it is intended.
    So, you mean before Shadow Realm is casted, Dark Willow actually is visible to our (players) eyes and in-game world eyes. Then, after Shadow Real is casted, Dark Willow is visible to our (players) eyes as shadow-dark hero but actually she is non-visible (invisible) to in-game world eyes? Just say, we are assuming the shadow transformation as something visible and non-visible in the virtual world of Dota 2 game.
    -

Basic Member
    Yes. It is basically supposed to work like slark's shadow dance.