Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keeper of the Light attempt

Well, speaking about the projectile and things... I don't think it really needs an explanation. Being the Keeper of the Light, he is in control over it. And light isn't really something you can run out of. Though it might be quite nice to fill that gap in, I can't really see a way.

Also, I can't say that his ultimate or anything needs to be changed. The lore and the gameplay shouldn't get in touch this much. NS felt like the best arch-rival for KotL, aside from Shadow Demon maybe, and so - why not? After all, we have spell lore for that (something I might actually come up with someday). After all, if not for the flavor text, Tide and Kunkka's only connections would have been through the lines, but with it, Tide is wielding an anchor from one of Kunkka's ships. The little things.

Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    Well, speaking about the projectile and things... I don't think it really needs an explanation. Being the Keeper of the Light, he is in control over it. And light isn't really something you can run out of. Though it might be quite nice to fill that gap in, I can't really see a way.

Also, I can't say that his ultimate or anything needs to be changed. The lore and the gameplay shouldn't get in touch this much. NS felt like the best arch-rival for KotL, aside from Shadow Demon maybe, and so - why not? After all, we have spell lore for that (something I might actually come up with someday). After all, if not for the flavor text, Tide and Kunkka's only connections would have been through the lines, but with it, Tide is wielding an anchor from one of Kunkka's ships. The little things.
    I mean, Night Stalker benefits from the night but Keeper of the Light does not benefit from the day aka the light in any way possible. Isn't that stupid?

Basic Member
    I find the story kinda drawn out, I would say condense it a little cause it was all about a expedition not a lot about Ezalor except the fact that he's somehow Santa.

Well, the truth is the truth, I didn't want it to center on him as much as on the backstory of the entire situation. And that Santa part was already discussed. E.g. I have no idea.

I did, however, change the end a little, and spell lore was added. Though, now that the issues were brought up, I think it still does a poor job in explaining his inability to rise the sun at will.

Though, now that the issues were brought up, I think it still does a poor job in explaining his inability to rise the sun at will.
    Well, the easiest thing to do is to remove his relation to the Sun and Santa (lolwut?). He's a keeper of the light - can be a metaphor for knowledge. Hell, his original story is pretty swell anyway
    Master of light and mana manipulation, Ezalor was once viewed as a scholar, and was regarded as a powerful mentor to many. However, his defection and betrayal of his allies during the War of the Magi caused him to be sentenced to banishment to the spirit realm for all of eternity. However, knowing of his tremendous power, the Sentinel granted him a corporeal form within the physical realm in exchange for his alliance against the Scourge onslaught. As such, Ezalor carries his duties of supporting his comrades valiantly despite the treacherous past that most know little about.
    Just remove that banishment part, we already have too many guys returning from exile. Invoker could be his rival and ex-mentor.

Well, it's not like any of this is real or has a chanse to be implemented, even partially. His original story, I should agree, was among the strongest in DotA 1.

Basic Member
    Why not just say he's a warrior sent from the heavens to fight the darkness and is reason for the first dawn?

Too bland. As of me, Valve wouldn't make anything this simple. There needs to be a quirk. Some quirk. And, the "light as in enlightement" metaphor is just way too obvious. Adding the sun theme to him can help mix things up, that's as far as my imagination goes.

Still, I'd like to know if anyone has any thoughts on the lines and spell lore. That's going to hurt, I know. Still curious.

There needs to be a quirk. Some quirk. And, the "light as in enlightement" metaphor is just way too obvious. Adding the sun theme to him can help mix things up, that's as far as my imagination goes.
    Man, I dunno. You can spice things up without the Sun. For example:
    Skeleton King's undead army invaded some land that was under control of king Noro and queen Meriel who had a baby named Ezalor. Noro's warriors fought bravely but they were overrun by their own brethren brought back from the dead under the control of Skeleton King. Noro himself fought Bone Lord but died, the queen, known for her deep spiritualism and connection with the force (HURR HURR) gathered all her powers and wiped out the undead army, Ostarion (who later came back to life, again), herself and teleported her only child into the spirit world. An unexpected observer of these events, Carl The Invoker, who was dead tired of mankind's stupidity, saw a bright pure light coming from the rift between this world and the spirit world. He entered, found Ezalor, got attached to the child, taught him the basics of arcane knowledge, grew tired, tried to kill Ezalor, failed, ran away. And now, Ezalor Keeper of the Light, travels the world, bringing knowledge and enlightenment free of charge, kicking ass of ignorance and stupidity.
    As rough as it sounds, I find it quite nice AND it fits with his spells.